Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FJ relic lid on EBay - good or not?

Article about: THis is on EBay at the moment Stahlhelm Fallschirmjäger Fallschirmjägerhelm 100% orig. bodenfund/ Paratrooper | eBay To me it looks kinda weird - the flaking surface and warped edges make it

Default FJ relic lid on EBay - good or not?

THis is on EBay at the moment

Stahlhelm Fallschirmjäger Fallschirmjägerhelm 100% orig. bodenfund/ Paratrooper | eBay

To me it looks kinda weird - the flaking surface and warped edges make it look like it has been through a fire after being dug up? Could it be that repro lids are being bashed, burned & buried only to be dug up as as genuine Fallschirmjager relics later on??? heaven forbid!! ( insert knife for cutting sarcasm here ) .... or am I just being Mr Negative?

Cheers, Dan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement FJ relic lid on EBay - good or not?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: FJ relic lid on EBay - good or not?

I too think it looks strange. Some of the yellow/orange rust is also quite new. The edges are really strange looking. You can compare it to my dig team members in Classifieds. This one is period and original. The price is also a bit different. Fallschirmjäger Relic Helmet - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics Who the hell sells a FJ relic for 81 Euro??? There is not that many originals around. I will say there are more fakes than real ones.

Regards, Lars

?

Studying the fleabay lid a little closer, the edges looks different. That could of course be because of a different maker maybe. On my friends lid the edge is sort of rounded and not rolled flat like the other one. Do you see what i mean? Could be a "home rolled" modified lid. Rust could have been made with electrolysis.

I don't like the look of this one either. The flaking is strange and rust is new. Bad sign if repro lids are now being dug for the future.

Jason

BAD, yet another of these super rust aged fakes of FJ helmets which around at the moment, as you said datrus i suspect electrolysis. artificial fake
    Morris

Aha - so my paranoia is justified! ...... and strike, in another decade there will be no point trying for a FJ lid coz they'll ALL be fake!!

there are some good ones out there mate but you have to dig threw a lot of crap to find the real deal, and dig threw a lot of cash these days.
    Morris

?

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    there are some good ones out there mate but you have to dig threw a lot of crap to find the real deal, and dig threw a lot of cash these days.
    Morris
    Yes as i said there is more fake relic FJ's than real one, IMHO. FJ helmets are quite rare as you might know. I have seen good one sell for 14-17000$. Could be interesting to know how many was actually produced of the M38. Don't forget there is also the M36 and 37 variants.

Regards, Lars

I'm sure this one is bad, the hard cornered angle where the brow begins at the temple does not look right to me.

?

The more i look at it the worse it get's. The odd flat rolled edge can't be from different makers. Only Thale made them with the stamps "ET" or "ckl". The edge on my friends lid is completely different than this fake lid.

Btw. The black corrosion on the helmet look exactly like the iron rod i attach the + to when electro cleaning. - Goes to the object that you want to clean.

What about the relic helmet subforum??????? We are still posting in Steel Helmets. There is more than justification for a relic sub forum.

Regards, Lars

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast