Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

German helmet I found in my grandmothers basement.

Article about: Hey guys! I need your help to identify this helmet. I´m guessing it´s a M16 but I could be wrong because I´m not very familiar with all the different types of helmets the wehrmacht used duri

Thank you guys for your help. I know now that the helmet and the bag were´nt used by any family member. The canteen is from my grandfather. That might explain the much better condition compared to the helmet and the bag, because their origin must be WW1 according to my aunts knowledge.

@oradour Your probably right with the bread bag.

Also part of the leather strip that is missing. Sadly it´s the more important part..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmet I found in my grandmothers basement.
    P
    Many

So what do you guys think could I get for everything? I was offered 350 Euros by an antique dealer today. Seems to be a fair price for it´s condition.

"I was offered 350 Euros by an antique dealer today. Seems to be a fair price for it´s condition"

IMO worth a bit more than that ! try here on the classifieds.............let some one here have a chance !
    Prost ! Steve.

Well I´ve never really sold something like this on the internet. Do you have any suggestions on how to do this?

In my opinion one thing to consider. The black colour could have it's right to exist if it has some historical evidence: Maye the helmet was repainted after World War One with intent (first banal idea: member of SS)?

With best wishes and Dear Angustino: Wellcome to the forum
    alter musketier
    Last edited by Alter Musketier; 02-14-2015 at 10:31 AM.
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

?

Any chance of pics taken outside? Looks to be period painted. Might be an early SS helmet or a helmet used for civil use. I kind of like what I see.

M18's are certainly more rare than M16's and this would fetch a higher price than what you were offered.
    Regards,
    Finn

I will make some better pictures for you guys tomorrow. I´ll probably put it on the classified board then.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Angustino View Post
    I will make some better pictures for you guys tomorrow. I´ll probably put it on the classified board then.
    I always encourage people to keep these items in their family. They are part of your family's history.

Regards

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The helmet and the bag aren´t related to my family. I know that they were given to my grandparents from a friend after he died. So I don´t mind to part with them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast