Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is German Helmet Real

Article about: I have this helmet that looks to good to be real? Is it real? It looks like a wwi helmet painted over.

Default Is German Helmet Real

I have this helmet that looks to good to be real? Is it real? It looks like a wwi helmet painted over.
    Is German Helmet Real
    Is German Helmet Real
    Is German Helmet Real

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is German Helmet Real
    P
    Many

Default Corrected photos

Is German Helmet Real
    Is German Helmet Real
    Is German Helmet Real

Just a noob opinion here. Helmet looks good. Decals look as though they may have been put on after the war. However I could be completly wrong. There is alot of people on here that know alot more about this though

Unfortunately the decals are definitely reproductions. The shell is real, and the paint looks okay, although it is a bit shiny. Regarding the liner, although the leather looks real it has definitely been treated with something - maybe vasoline. Also, it is clear that the liner is not original to the piece, i.e. not period installed. It is missing the chin strap bales that should be attached to the liner band. It is simply a put together piece, not a bad shelf filler, but not terribly collectible in its own right. Sorry for the bad news. Jim G.

It looked to good. I knew it was wwi. But the liner looked off and the decals looked too new.

It happens to everyone. Its better to check on here. Alot of the guys can be very helpful

Thanks, another lesson learned. If it looks too good to be true, it most likely isnt.

Yes nice original shell in good condition. Decals not original, liner appears to be a later model Innenausstattung 31.