Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German M42 fake or real?

Article about: another detail: the helmet is very light ....another reason fr believie that is real.

Default German M42 fake or real?

Hi everybody, i received this "german M42" from latvia, i am suspecting that is a fake one, because it was repainted in chocolate brown paint, the smell of the fresh paint, i dont know if its only a real M42 but repainted because of the rust of its a fake helmet that was destroyed recently for selling it as a real dug up M42. another suspect came to my mind, when i used a paint remover over the helmet, and in the the superior side of the helmet y found shine, that shine like new metal, but inside the helmet it was rusted, extrange....so i would like to have your opinion. Thank you. greetings from South america.

German M42 fake or real?German M42 fake or real?German M42 fake or real?German M42 fake or real?German M42 fake or real?German M42 fake or real?German M42 fake or real?German M42 fake or real?German M42 fake or real?German M42 fake or real?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German M42 fake or real?
    P
    Many

Default Re: German M42 fake or real?

Hi mate, it's a real M42 shell; it is possible even to tell the maker as SE/hkp, from the airvent, but it has been cleaned with acid or something similar. Then repainted as you say. Hope you didn't pay too much on this one.

Looks like an original M42 shell that has been dug up and heavily cleaned.

German M42 fake or real?German M42 fake or real?German M42 fake or real?German M42 fake or real?German M42 fake or real?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Hi mate, it's a real M42 shell; it is possible even to tell the maker as SE/hkp, from the airvent, but it has been cleaned with acid or something similar. Then repainted as you say. Hope you didn't pay too much on this one.
    Hi Kradspam, how are you? well look my english its not good, so i will tell you that i undertand from you, that you say that is original isn,t that what you mean? and i paid for it too much...but i really wanted to have one, so i did teh sacrifice....here german helmets are very expensive, but this is the first dug up that i had seen in my country, i know that there are fake SS helmets from Latvia, fake because of the decals, but i understand that helmet is real.....

Quote by Sir Payne View Post
    Looks like an original M42 shell that has been dug up and heavily cleaned.
    hi, i think that if this is fake.....its a good one if it is real , yes! it was heavily cleaned

it has no marks inside the helmet. its a shame.....

?

Mate... How the hell can you tell from the air vent Pretty good spot!

Regards, Lars

The rust has removed the marks, but it is real.

The rust has removed the marks, but it is real.
    Thanks buddy, but i still with understand something: why is the natural metal still shining over the helmet? its misterious, but i am going to believe in what you said. thank you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast