Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

got this helmet for 100 dollars

Article about: this helmet was in ownership of elderly lady almost 60 years) in bergen norway. husband had died and the femal wanted to get rid of this ugly helmet and this darn mauser rifle she said. anyw

Default got this helmet for 100 dollars

this helmet was in ownership of elderly lady almost 60 years) in bergen norway. husband had died and the femal wanted to get rid of this ugly helmet and this darn mauser rifle she said. anyway,today i saw her ad and i knew the value was much more than the selling price, so i hurried,drove and brougth it before anyone else did. knowing very little about german helmets i researched it to be an m40 model With fabric marks: DN47 NS64. search on internet tells me it is produced in Germany (DN) seize 47, and made in the NS)-Vereinigte Deutsche Nikelwerke, Schwerte, Germany. the leather inside got an very faded blue mark (i think it reads 96). theres steel reem around the leather work , and the leather itself seem to be in good condidtion. the most curious thing about the helmet, is that i suspect it must have been painted white sometime. there a flashes of white brush colours everywhere, and it seems someone painted over it again With original dark grey colour0. on the left side you can see that there must have been a deckal. i can see the outline, and the small part of the army deckal With swastika eagle. you can see some of the silverish eagle feathers in one of the Pictures. the big question is, should i do somthing to bring back the enite eagle which rests behind the wartime repaint?. I read somewhere that soldiers repainted the white Camo in summer time. and how do i remove the Paint? any tips?got this helmet for 100 dollarsgot this helmet for 100 dollarsgot this helmet for 100 dollarsgot this helmet for 100 dollarsgot this helmet for 100 dollarsgot this helmet for 100 dollarsgot this helmet for 100 dollarsgot this helmet for 100 dollarsgot this helmet for 100 dollarsgot this helmet for 100 dollarsgot this helmet for 100 dollarsgot this helmet for 100 dollarsgot this helmet for 100 dollarsgot this helmet for 100 dollars
    Last edited by ksoftware; 01-31-2014 at 05:13 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement got this helmet for 100 dollars
    P
    Many

Please don't remove any paint, it is a nice helmet and to change anything would be to reduce it's value on all fronts.

The factory is NS as you researched, but the 64 is the size of the shell. The number in the rear is just a code for the steel batch that was used for a given number of helmets produced. Many helmets will share the same number. The DN is nothing to do with it being produced in Germany, though it obviously was. Welcome to the forum by the way.

Please don't touch any of the paint! Leave it exactly as found. Its a great helmet as it is! As KradSpam said, to touch it in anyway, weather removing all of the paint, or the paint around the decal will RUIN the helmet!

?

Looks like you got a good deal on the helmet, I like the look of it and would leave it as is. Personally I would feel a little guilty if I'd only given the old lady that much.

look at Picture 5 from above.theres an original heer eagle under it, you can clearly see the outline of the downrigth silverpainted bird wing.the german did a crappy repaint job after winter season. i am not adding anything new to the helmet if i just uncover something thats under.
    i dont know much about helmets, but whats you estimation of value? i am not into helmets, and my goal was the mauser rifle which i got for 200 dollars in Norwegian currency. (the mauser rifle is worth much less but i tougth she deserved it , keeping the rifle at wall all these years and not letting it rust in the basement) .i think uncovering the deckal would raise the value as its an original. helmets without deckals seems to fall very much in price. i am def. selling the helmet the by the spring anyway.

?

Removing the wartime paint, even if it's just where the decal is, will unequivocally harm the value.

Also, out of curiosity, was the helmet 100 United States dollars or 100 Norwegian kroner?

500 kroner ca 100 dollars

darn seem i have to keep it like it is if what you are saying are true , but what about some rust spots on the helmet, should i leave it? do nothing? its almost tempting to take it out on the shooting range and put som holes into it With the mauser. but i think it needs to be in an Collection , so i will put it out for sale. anyone interested or need more Pictures , just tell me.

How do you remove the paint? YOU DON'T! Please, PLLEEAASSEEEE do not remove anything!! I think you just gave some of the guys here heart attacks. Some decal showing does not mean the soldier did a "crappy job" painting the helmet. Loss of paint over time is natural, its character, and it's not to be messed with. If you think you can't keep from messing with it, there are plenty of chaps here that would buy it from you. Welcome to the forum, and let the helmet be as it is

Quote by ksoftware View Post
    darn seem i have to keep it like it is if what you are saying are true , but what about some rust spots on the helmet, should i leave it? do nothing? its almost tempting to take it out on the shooting range and put som holes into it With the mauser. but i think it needs to be in an Collection , so i will put it out for sale. anyone interested or need more Pictures , just tell me.
    Jesus H Chr.....I hope this is a joke. If you're having these thoughts than you need to sell this helmet, period, end of story. You obviously don't know much about preserving helmets or what makes them collectible. Put holes in with a Mauser??????!!!!!! Put holes in you. We have a classifieds section, locate the tab at the top of the page. Put it there and it will probably sell.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast