Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Helmet authentication

Article about: Hello My name is Tom I am new and I collect Vietnam era stuff and wanting to collect WWII German helmets I came across this helmet at a yard sale and took pictures of it to have it authentic

Default Re: Helmet authentication

At the end of the day $80 is not bad for a shell I think, I would try and steam that decal off (funny how the grid pattern to the decal showed up under enlargement) and for sure hook that liner out but as a first buy and a learning tool you could have done much worse.

We often see newbies who buy that 'genuine vet bring-back double decal SS helmet' as a first helmet and lose their shirt on the deal.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet authentication
    P
    Many

yeah the guys are right on,fake decal,.post war,its been messed with.

It is confirmed, My plans are to keep it as is as a hands-on learning (what not to buy) and if the day comes to get rid of it when I feel more comfortable with Identification, I will take those parts out and give it to somebody here on the forum or my friend who collects U.S. helmets. I don't want to sell it or see it back in the market with a $3900.00 price tag and somebody really gets ripped off, Im not going to miss $80.00, I would recommend anybody like me to sign-up on a forum like this one before buying something really expensive, I also did buy that book at 3rd place books yesterday by the way outstanding pictures!! just what the Doctor ordered. Thankyou Glenn66 and Overthetop!....... Me identifying a SS Helmet? I wouldn't even want to attempt that one.

?

Quote by DeLuxxe View Post
    I know of Ken N, just saw the pretty cool Lufty that went for $290, which is a pretty good deal IMO. But Have you ever purchased anything from Dave Shirlins? I noticed he was selling a 60x90 delta Kriegs for $750...
    I don't look at his other items only the helmets. His helmet prices are usually fair and I've bought quite a few helmets from him, and it's where I typically sell through as I have no time to do my own listings.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4