Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Help Identify: M35 Q66 DD Luftwaffe?

Article about: A friend has asked me to research & possibly sell his WWII German M35 Q66 Luftwaffe double decal (Double decal). # 2360, Quist factory. It has the 2nd pattern Adler Luftwaffe eagle &

Default Help Identify: M35 Q66 DD Luftwaffe?

A friend has asked me to research & possibly sell his WWII German M35 Q66 Luftwaffe double decal (Double decal). # 2360, Quist factory.

It has the 2nd pattern Adler Luftwaffe eagle & with a full tri-color national shield decal.

In bring back condition with leather liner & aluminum band. Chinstrap is all there but the leather has torn.

Have I identified it correctly? Based on my description & photos what would current market value be? I have no idea of it's value & would possibly like to make him an offer.

Thanks.

I've identified the helmet as an M35 Q66 Luftwaffe double decal (Double decal). # 2360

It has the 2nd pattern Adler Luftwaffe eagle & with a full tri-color national shield decal.

Q is Quist, a better factory according to my research.

Similar helmets:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...ffe-q66-16907/

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...1381-a-300587/

Military Collectibles, Inc.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Identify: M35 Q66 DD Luftwaffe?
    P
    Many

All original IMO. I love it!

Thanks!,

Other please chime in & let me know if I have identified it correctly & what a fair offer would be. Thank you.

Looks promising. Photos are lacking. Could you take some with no flash, on a macro setting? Close ups of decals are always needed. Storage conditions have probably not been the best. Did you or someone else try running rust from the Adler? or the lacquer as protected that area. Lookin forward to more photos.

This is in rather poor condition - definitely below average.
    I'd expect 'bring-back condition' to be close to mint
    or excellent+.........
    Regards,

Steve.

"This is in rather poor condition - definitely below average.
    or excellent+......... "

Like I said, I am no expert on WWII items, I would however like to make him an offer but no one here seems to have a price that I can start from. Is it a $100 item, a $500 item, more? I have no idea.

I can take more photos, but hosting & posting is a pain with Windows 8 for some reason...

I also have an original Nazi flag I'd like info on.

Looks to be cleaned around both decals?

I'd want to see closeups of both decals to see if they've been liberated as there appears to be remnants of a heavy repaint on the brim that isn't apparent around the decals.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    This is in rather poor condition - definitely below average.
    or excellent+.........
    There is 'bring-back condition' ( kept in a box in the attic for 65 years ) and 'bring-back condition' ( chucked in the garden shed / garage for the same time )

I think what Steve means is that this is the latter ....

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by 1985 4runner View Post
    "This is in rather poor condition - definitely below average.
    or excellent+......... "

Like I said, I am no expert on WWII items, I would however like to make him an offer but no one here seems to have a price that I can start from. Is it a $100 item, a $500 item, more? I have no idea.

I can take more photos, but hosting & posting is a pain with Windows 8 for some reason...

I also have an original Nazi flag I'd like info on.
    Hello my friend , all looks original with this M35 Luftwaffe helmet , we are a reluctant to talk prices here as it is all down to what the individual wants to pay at the end of the day. All I will say is that personally I would not want to pay $500 for this one in this condition(unless there is some proven history like period photographs of the owner with it) but it is a steal at $100! The decision is all yours!! Leon.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Looks to be cleaned around both decals?

I'd want to see closeups of both decals to see if they've been liberated as there appears to be remnants of a heavy repaint on the brim that isn't apparent around the decals.