Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Help with this M40

Article about: Hello everyone, A few days ago I bought this M40 from Volgograd. I'm almost sure that the decal and the liner are original, but I would like to know what you think about this. regards

?

Thank you for your help and answers Real Steel, MAP, TWS, BrodieBarfast and BlackCat1982.
    Hi TWS, this helmet was sent from Volgograd. It's a good signal.
    I have visited Volgograd twice, in 2011 and 2016. A fantastic trip.

Regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with this M40
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

Quote by Neu71 View Post
    I have visited Volgograd twice, in 2011 and 2016. A fantastic trip.

Regards
    Totally agree. I spent nearly a week at Volgograd in December of 2000. A thrilling trip for me to see some sights and walk the ground that I have been reading about since I was a young kid. That trip was only enough to just scratch the surface and I want to go back again.

With the help of my In-tourist guide I was able to find a shop in the middle of the city where I could buy some relics. In the museum the staff yelled at me for touching one of the German "food bomb" supply drop containers that was standing out in the open on the museum floor.

Help with this M40Help with this M40
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

Nice relics, TWS.

In my case it was worse. I did a couple of photos of Barrikady (it's currently a weapons factory of the Russian Army) and I did not know it was forbidden. The security of the factory saw me and called the police and I spent three hours in the cell of a police station until I clarified that I was looking for locations on the battle of Stalingrad.
    That time I traveled alone to Volgograd without knowing Russian and almost nobody speaks English. I'm from Spain and speak German, but my English is not very good. An adventure...
    It is forbidden to take pictures of Barrikady and Red October. It's something I can explain to my grandchildren ... Now I know it!

Regards

TWS
    ?

Wow! Hopefully now you can look back on it as an adventure and laugh. I also do not speak Russian and I navigated while on my own by visually matching street signs to what was on my city map, even though I could not read them. I had adventures in the city too, but not of the police kind thankfully. My luggage didn't make my flight from Moscow to Volgograd and I was extremely lucky to find the one Volgograd airport employee who spoke some English and could call Moscow airport and check on my luggage.

It was a great reason to go shopping and buy some essentials in the famous Univermag department store!

I got to my hotel in the middle of the city and I checked in. I got up to my room,set down my briefcase, and the phone rang. I hadn't been in my room for one entire minute, so I thought it was the front desk. No. It was a lady from the lobby asking if I wanted some "company"! Too funny.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3