Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

help with my helmet

Article about: The shell is original but not worth a fraction of what you paid, Its a late war M42 very common. Trust me I am 99% sure non of the paint is original. Sorry there is nothing worse I know, Tha

?

The shell is original but not worth a fraction of what you paid, Its a late war M42 very common. Trust me I am 99% sure non of the paint is original. Sorry there is nothing worse I know, Thats why myself and everyone else here will say to you always do your homework or even post on here first before parting with your money for these highly forged helmets. Cheers! Sean.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement help with my helmet
    P
    Many

ok thanks for your input , the next time I buy I will do my homework,,, live and learn I guess

?

No worries, Unfortunately it does happen an awful lot, Your not the first and you will by no means be the last! Like said I know there is nothing worse we have all been stung at some point or another, Even the most clued up collectors can be fooled sometimes this hobby can be a minefield at the best of times! Please though dont let it put you off collecting! It has me before! I stopped collecting for a few years at one point after getting badly stung on a German helmet, But when you get a good solid original piece there is nothing better and the guys on here will always be willing to assist you with any questions you may have just post anything your unsure of and you will 99.9% of the time on here get a solid answer from the experts! Cheers! Sean.

The most important thing is not to be discouraged. If you have a real interest in this stuff, put in the time and you will be rewarded.

wish I could get my hands a real true helmet like this

Watch the classifieds, search dealer sites. I'd post any potential purchase for review before you drop any money. Above all learn everything you can. Good luck!

thanks kradspam

Here is one dealer site for your reference:

A Collector's Guild

The Collector's Guild

Cheers!
    Taka

I think you should consider your let off lightly by only dropping $300 on a $100 helmet, imagine if you'd bought a suppossed SS lid...some guys get taken for multiple thousands!

Welcome aboard BTW

The same thing happened to me a time or two Rodhand, then I found this forum. It is an incredible place for learning, studying previous threads, reviewing pictures of fakes and originals, and has vast group of people from around the world with knowledge that I can only hope to reach after years of studying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2