Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help! Need speculation or guesses on SS decal patterns!

Article about: I'm hoping there are some clued up experts here who could take a punt on what type decals I have on these SS helmets. Unfortunately they are very badly corroded, and frustratingly not showin

Default Help! Need speculation or guesses on SS decal patterns!

I'm hoping there are some clued up experts here who could take a punt on what type decals I have on these SS helmets. Unfortunately they are very badly corroded, and frustratingly not showing enough to form concrete opinions.

Maker stamps are not visible due to the corrosion. Both helmets are M42's however.

Tried to get the best pictures I can on these. Worse one first - this is probably too badly gone but you never know...

And this one, in a bit better condition:

Appreciate any theories, anything!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help! Need speculation or guesses on SS decal patterns!
    P
    Many

I think they're both fake decals applied to relic shells, aged and scrubbed --- hope you didn't pay much.

Quote by slados28 View Post
    I think they're both fake decals applied to relic shells, aged and scrubbed --- hope you didn't pay much.
    Nah, I'm certain they are original, the pictures aren't good, but I have no doubts on them.

As it happens I didn't pay that much for them, but I doubt fakers would go to the trouble of putting fake decals on these relic condition helmets just to slightly increase their value...

I wouldnt be so sure about that if I were you. I dont know if the decals are fake or not, but I do know there are legions of people involved in almost every kind of fakery of almost any item- especially SS.

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    I wouldnt be so sure about that if I were you. I dont know if the decals are fake or not, but I do know there are legions of people involved in almost every kind of fakery of almost any item- especially SS.
    Fair comment, but if I was a faker I'm going to spend my time trying to fake something I think I can get a lot of money for

I'm happy with these and I'm the one that can see these "in the flesh", up close and personal.

?

Quote by Mickthemonk View Post
    Nah, I'm certain they are original, the pictures aren't good, but I have no doubts on them.

As it happens I didn't pay that much for them, but I doubt fakers would go to the trouble of putting fake decals on these relic condition helmets just to slightly increase their value...
    People can make so many stupid things for money, every day i can see it on Ebay....

Believe what you want, relic helmets with fake SS decals are all over and these look just like another two. Sure, you've got them "in hand" but from these more than adequate photos they still look like typical prepared relics that have had fake decals applied, then been scrubbed all over to make the worst tell tale signs of their fakery go away.

Believe what you want, relic helmets with fake SS decals are all over and these look just like another two. Sure, you've got them "in hand" but from these more than adequate photos they still look like typical prepared relics that have had fake decals applied, then been scrubbed all over to make the worst tell tale signs of their fakery go away.
    Based on what signs? Tell me why you think they look fake?

I haven't already? Everything about them looks like a typical fakers job to me --- cleaned surface pre application, paper like whitish quality, texture, decals scrubbed to near transparency after application, decal looks to possibly be in rust pitting etc. etc. Others should comment on graphics in detail. Now, why do you say they are legit?

And, yes... again --- fakers fake everything, especially SS.

I haven't already? Everything about them looks like a typical fakers job to me --- cleaned surface pre application, paper like whitish quality, texture, decals scrubbed to near transparency after application, decal looks to possibly be in rust pitting etc. etc. Others should comment on graphics in detail. Now, why do you say they are legit?

And, yes... again --- fakers fake everything, especially SS.
    The second one has the metallic "grain" in the decal (which is not showing on the picture), the consistency of the corrosion

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast