Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help! Need speculation or guesses on SS decal patterns!

Article about: I'm hoping there are some clued up experts here who could take a punt on what type decals I have on these SS helmets. Unfortunately they are very badly corroded, and frustratingly not showin

Yes, the 2nd one has more of a very slight metallic texture but fake decals can easily have this type of texture too. Either way... texture aside, these both look like typical SS fakes... for all the reasons given earlier

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help! Need speculation or guesses on SS decal patterns!
    P
    Many

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Yes, the 2nd one has more of a very slight metallic texture but fake decals can easily have this type of texture too. Either way... texture aside, these both look like typical SS fakes... for all the reasons given earlier
    I'm going to get these checked out... If you're right, I will fly to Norway and buy you a drink...

Looking forward to it

Here's a selection of typical scrubbed SS fakes, all from the same dealer... Great War Relics - WW I & WWII Artifacts Believe it or not --- a few hundred each for $10 shells with fake decals, not a bad profit at all

Help! Need speculation or guesses on SS decal patterns!Help! Need speculation or guesses on SS decal patterns!Help! Need speculation or guesses on SS decal patterns!Help! Need speculation or guesses on SS decal patterns!Help! Need speculation or guesses on SS decal patterns!Help! Need speculation or guesses on SS decal patterns!Help! Need speculation or guesses on SS decal patterns!Help! Need speculation or guesses on SS decal patterns!Help! Need speculation or guesses on SS decal patterns!Help! Need speculation or guesses on SS decal patterns!Help! Need speculation or guesses on SS decal patterns!Help! Need speculation or guesses on SS decal patterns!

Most of those are pretty obvious, think mine are a little more subtle, but we shall see...

No matter how "well" faked, the tell tale signs I listed are still there as seen on yours. This was more to show you the quantities in which these are faked, these are all from one dealer alone... all using the same techniques.

Well it seems I owe Slados28 a drink... You were right and I was wrong. Here is the conclusion of one Mr. Kelly Hicks:

"I can see both of these helmets (decals) have problems, and are likely reproductions. The shadows of decals can be applied to these ultra pitted surfaces and just buried again or stressed with steel wool to make them look old."

I'm big enough to admit I was wrong, so well done on your initial assessment. Too bad I ain't got a passport though, so if you want that drink you'll have to come over to the UK for it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2