Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

HORRIBLE DISCOVERY! !!! I want to throw up

Article about: I bought this helmet to add to my relic collection since I only had a couple and it was cheap. I looked at it and put it back in the box and put it with my other stuff until another day. I a

Quote by MrPotts View Post
    Ned, what I was referring to was the remains of little specs of hair in the helmet. Regardless either way don't read my post becuase I don't give a flying @$&# what you have to say.."BIG NED" .. reading your profile, you sound like a medical case going big

- - ------- - -

Is that the fairy tell your mom still reads you? Get a life
    Big Ned and I have clashed on things, and opinions differ. However i would find this forum to be rather empty and certainly less comedic without him.
    He is a stand up or sit down bloke (whichever you wish to look at ) and very helpful, so praise should flow his way not anger.

Morris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HORRIBLE DISCOVERY! !!! I want to throw up
    P
    Many

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    Big Ned and I have clashed on things, and opinions differ. However i would find this forum to be rather empty and certainly less comedic without him.
    He is a stand up or sit down bloke (whichever you wish to look at ) and very helpful, so praise should flow his way not anger.

Morris
    Hi Morris,

Certainly we have had our differences of opinion, but there's never been any bad feeling held by me. Your kind words under the circumstances are therfore very much appreciated, thanks.

You bludger.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

NED! Quit eating your color crayons you silly bloke. Thanks everyone for your help on this matter, it has bin very entertaining to say the least !

First of all, MrPotts I find it very unfortunate for you that you unwillingly bought a relic like this. I don't think anyone here would like to have such relic in his possession, though the likelihood is there.
    Now, being a 'digger' myself, I was surprised to see statements like these here (quoting):
    "anything that has come out of the ground is more than likely to have come off a corpse."
    Or:
    "Let's be real folks. Most of the lids for sale these days were on someone's head when they died. Other than lake finds, some of which look new... the battle damaged lids, belt buckles rings and medals available these days are black dig finds. That's why I collect ordinance. Much less personal and less likely to have any karma attached. Never much for blood money."

This is definitely not true! Unsuprisingly, these generalized statements come from the British and American collectors amongst us. This would mean that 80% of my ground-dug WWII relics would have come off of corpses, while I found everything in western Germany where barely any combat occurred. Are you buying relics from the Eastern Front? Please bear the risk and responsibility that it is much more likely to have come off a grave (use common sense!). But don't call my WWII German relics, whether civilian or military, 'grave finds' or 'black dig finds'. Totally ridiculous.
    Please stop generalizing every ground-dug relic as if it came from a battlefield still strewn with graves and corpses. In the Netherlands, on average, diggers find 1 MIA (allied/axis) every 2-3 years. Same for Germany and Scandinavia. Battlefield wargraves are virtually non-existent in Western Europe, because we cleaned them up. In Eastern Europe it's a different story. But you as collector are automatically assuming that risk when buying from those countries. And I presume you would like to know where your relic helmet, buckle are battle damage canteen came from when you buy it? But don't call my ground dug medals, tinnies and relics 'black dig' or 'grave finds'. Thank you.

Chris

I think all that needs to be said on this helmet has been said already.
    Ralph.
    I should have closed it earlier!
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8