Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Interesting M40 relic

Article about: I just purchased this relic for cheap as. Never seen one like it, absoloutley fascinating, must have a good story behind it. And it is a M40!

Default Re: Interesting M40 relic

Quote by qotd View Post
    Strong man contest????
    Na I think someone who had a very bad experience.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting M40 relic
    P
    Many

?

Well theren is defo a bullet hole in it, but his it dam to be this shpe will cause much debate over the years, I can't wait to have it

?

I don't think it's a damaged on the scrapyard, due they use absolut other technology for recycling, and seen helmets salvaged from that is just pressed from one side up to pancake. That helmet looks to me more like a explosion compression in the closed area, bunker etc... Usually explosion makes vacuum inside the room and makes the similar damages
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Thanks Dumas, I have been tossing up between a few theories, your sound plausible with knowledge behind it

?

Yes that is true Dimas, but there looks to be mechanically made indentations or creases where the helmet is compressed, and the compressions are almost perfectly apart from each other as if set in a large compression device but incorrect for the job, thus the helmet was tossed. We have some pretty large table vices at work that will do the exact same thing but wont flatten the helmet. An explosion I would think would cause more random damage and leave no creases in the same spot on the indentations. Either way we will never know.

interesting

?

To me it looks like a great deal of heat has been applied and then bent into this shape then its rusted over the years, being crushed in this manner, molybedendum steel will fracture at least in one or two areas, as for bullet holes through and through, i would say they are the liner pin holes apart from the obvious rust holes, look closely and you will see the change in the steel when heated

?

I was thinking some one may b making a cooking pot out of it with pouring lips....

Quote by qotd View Post
    I was thinking some one may b making a cooking pot out of it with pouring lips....
    now that's a thought hmm....

?

No matter how it occured, It is still a cool looking relic, one of a kind maybe.....I am happy to have it in my collection

And the best thing is Rene doesnt have one!!!!! LOL

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast