Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Helmet Authenticity Needed

Article about: Just received a call in regards to this single decal Luftwaffe helmet, marked ET66, 1246, and T1236. Is this helmet authentic? What ever information that can be given would be appreciated. T

Default Luftwaffe Helmet Authenticity Needed

Just received a call in regards to this single decal Luftwaffe helmet, marked ET66, 1246, and T1236. Is this helmet authentic? What ever information that can be given would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Helmet Authenticity Needed   Luftwaffe Helmet Authenticity Needed  

Luftwaffe Helmet Authenticity Needed   Luftwaffe Helmet Authenticity Needed  

Luftwaffe Helmet Authenticity Needed   Luftwaffe Helmet Authenticity Needed  

Luftwaffe Helmet Authenticity Needed  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Helmet Authenticity Needed
    P
    Many

Hello Florian,

Its an original shell and the shots of the interior paint on the rear skirt look OK but closeup and clear images of the camo, decal and chinstrap will be required for more thorough examination as I was not able to enlarge the ones uploaded.

Andrew

MAP
    ?

Definitely better higher rez photos are needed for the camo and decal...but if forced, I'm leaning to a thumbs down. Camo paint still on the edges but wear on the camo paint around the shell.

But I really can't form a good opinion based on the photos.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Liner, shell etc are original can't comment about decal and paint though.
    I think the last photo is most likely from a different helmet ( the one with T1236) otherwise this helmet would have 2 lot numbers, that wouldn't make a lotta sense
    Luis

TWS
    ?

Going to need nice clear (more) detailed shots of the camo and a nice clear close up of the decal.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Better pics needed. The paint (inside & out) looks feldgrau...not Luft blue. At least on my monitor
    D.

?

That last image appears to have ‘Artif’, or similar, stamped across it too...
    (Seller’s watermark, perhaps)?
    As stated, this is probably from another helmet entirely, so could be immaterial.

It’s an unusual, slightly odd camo, but I agree with RealSteel that it doesn’t appear to be a Luftwaffe grey-blue.

Bob

Very small chance it is a good one.