Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffenhelm condition?

Article about: Hi Guys, because of the great knowledge in this group and the friendly people here, I'd like to ask about your opinion about this Luftwaffe helmet. I'll think he's original but he's not chea

Default Luftwaffenhelm condition?

Hi Guys,

because of the great knowledge in this group and the friendly people here, I'd like to ask about your opinion about this Luftwaffe helmet. I'll think he's original but he's not cheap and because it's my first helmet, I'd like to stay outside the repro zone. I'll appretchiate everyones help about originality, quality and maybe european pricing, if it's an original.

Luftwaffenhelm condition?Luftwaffenhelm condition?Luftwaffenhelm condition?Luftwaffenhelm condition?Luftwaffenhelm condition?

I've heard that the manufacturer and the lot nummer may say, if it was really a Luftwaffe helmet, but i was unable to track something usefull on the www.

First the two peace signs and the burned and dried leather, which probably both were made after war, say to me "stay away". On the otherside he has a nice used look which attracts me and the seller seems to have some expierience.

I'd like to thank everyone in advance.

BR Hermann

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffenhelm condition?
    P
    Many

?

Well i dont see a problem with the liner,its just dried out.The onlu thing i do not like is that Mercedes logo or what ever it is...
    Regards,
    Emanuil.

Hi, the lid and liner look fine, albeit in rough condition. The decal if original, will bump up the price, and as you say the peace signs are post war (unless an oddball pick up).

Not a Mercedes logo - looks like a peace sign. I'm willing to bet this helmet was worn post war by a biker or hippie. Not sure where you picked this up, but here in the US this was a common practice in the 60s and early 70s. WWII helmets were worn as biker helmets or just to piss people off. Many were re-painted or augmented with symbols. NH

Long story short - not great as a WWII collectible. It might have value to someone as a counter-culture artifact. NH

Hy Guys,

you're great with your fast good quality responses and gifing me a good Feeling for my self buyed xmas gift. Thanks alot!

Did I understand it rigth, that the liner only dried out and didn't burn as I suggested?
    Is there a chance to find out that II 64 (means probably ET64) and lot 1 14 was Luftwaffe?
    Unfortunatly, the eagly lost his "balls" but you can't always win, rigth ;-)

BR Hermann

?

Well i cheked in my Lot number book,but i cant find an ET64 1014 or 1114 (i guess the missing number is 1 or 0).

Thanks for your effort to check the numbers for me! I'll appretchiate your help.
    In the mean time, I saw that this forum doesn't give finacal adivces, so I'll pay the 225€ for this and a Werkschutz helmet and count it as learning money, with knowing, that it's not the holy grail of collecting.

Thanks a lot
    Hermann

E225 for two helmets is not overpaying if the other is also good.
    Do you have a photo of it?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks a lot for your opinion about pricing.
    Unfortunatly, I've startet collecting one or two decades to late to have nice Prices for really good stuff :-)

About the Werkschutzhelm, I've only two Pictures and I'm not sure if booth show the same helmet or not. He's selling two helmets for 30€ each in mostly the same condition. The liner should be in good condition and one should still have the signs under the additional colour, but I can give you more information after pick up.

Luftwaffenhelm condition?Luftwaffenhelm condition?

all the items we're recently picked up in germany. The Luftwaffe helmet was still in germany a few days a go.

BR Hermann