Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

m16 helmet ww2 reissue

Article about: hello! i recently bought a m16 Stahlhelm, however this one was found at normandy which makes me believe it was a reissue, has anyone got any good information on reissued m16 helmet that wher

Post m16 helmet ww2 reissue

hello! i recently bought a m16 Stahlhelm, however this one was found at normandy which makes me believe it was a reissue, has anyone got any good information on reissued m16 helmet that where used there or anywhere else, just curious as it is not mentioned often that these where pressed into service.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement m16 helmet ww2 reissue
    P
    Many

Post some pix please for any chance of a response.......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Yes, photos are a must.

WW1 helmets were most definitely re-used. There are two designations. True "Transitionals" (interwar period, typically with double decals) and "re-issues" during the war (typically to support troops, volkstrum, etc.).
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Have found M16 in Normandy before also. Most likely would attribute them to second line troops including Landschützen, who were often used to guard PW or installations etc.

ok, here are the pics as requested

m16 helmet ww2 reissuem16 helmet ww2 reissuem16 helmet ww2 reissuem16 helmet ww2 reissuem16 helmet ww2 reissuem16 helmet ww2 reissuem16 helmet ww2 reissue

MAP
    ?

This is actually an M17 (steel liner band).

From the photos, there is nothing I can see that would tie it to being a transitional or a re-issue. Given that it still has the WW1 era steel liner band, points "more" to it being just a WW1 era shell with no tie to WW2.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

thanks for the info, dont mind it being a ww1 helmet. ive also got what i think is a m40 shell (olive green i think),but the inside is rusting and cant make out the markings which is frustrating

m16 helmet ww2 reissuem16 helmet ww2 reissuem16 helmet ww2 reissuem16 helmet ww2 reissuem16 helmet ww2 reissue

MAP
    ?

Yes a nice relic M40 in very good shape with some paint remaining and what looks like a fracture. Might be ground dug but based on these photos I think it was just very poor storage partially exposed to the elements but no way to know for sure.