Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M18 Heer reissue

Article about: Good sunday to you all, I currently have this helmet on the way, chinstrap and liner are obviously post war replacements, but I bought it knowing that, I am rather sure it used to have a Hee

Larger 68 size shells are more desirable Luis so it is a nice bonus!

Looks like it has had a a crack in the dome that has been braised at some stage. Without an in hand inspection I'm not 100% sure what o make of the paint as there is so much going on with this helmet but I do agree that it looks like it has had a whitewash applied at some stage.

I'd be inclined to leave it as is and just display it. If you'd like a nice repro I get in touch Ken at German Helmets Inc as he restores original shells.

Restored WW2 Helmets | German Helmets Inc

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M18 Heer reissue
    P
    Many

That's nice to know, Andy. I for one have not owned such a huge bathtub before, largest I had before was an M40 Q66
    I think I will get a reproduction zinc plated liner at some point and as already stated age it to fit with the shell.
    I do the odd restoration myself so I am not in any rush to buy a restored original, I enjoy restoring them myself, I've so far restored 2 M42 Q64s (DN550 and DN551) I know these are hard to find :P though DN551 has left my collection since, but DN550 will stay also restored 2 Q M40s (66,64) and a NS62 M35, might post them all up in the restoration forum, they were all post war painted shells without original paint. Always satisfying to see the finished result compared to what you started with
    Luis

Thinking about the scrub/sanding marks in the paint, could they have also resulted from the whitewash being removed at some point?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2