Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M35 Demjansk Battle Damage KIA

Article about: This was waiting for me when I got home from work today First I want to thank Eugene (spin) for this beauty, I'm massively happy with it. And it makes all the difference that I have a copy o

Talking M35 Demjansk Battle Damage KIA

This was waiting for me when I got home from work today

First I want to thank Eugene (spin) for this beauty, I'm massively happy with it. And it makes all the difference that I have a copy of a German wartime map of the Demjansk kessel showing where the thing was found, near to positions of SS Totenkopf at Bjakowo (gratefully received from spin)

M35, unknown beyond that I'm afraid but I'd have a guess at NS62 from the shape and the way it copes with my oversized noggin, no decals or markings to be seen. It looks to have a layer of camo or reissue finish under the winter finish. Obviously your attention is drawn to the big exit strike at the front left, almost certainly a KIA. There is a smaller tear in the steel on the rim behind the right ear.

I love this thing

M35 Demjansk Battle Damage KIAM35 Demjansk Battle Damage KIAM35 Demjansk Battle Damage KIAM35 Demjansk Battle Damage KIAM35 Demjansk Battle Damage KIAM35 Demjansk Battle Damage KIAM35 Demjansk Battle Damage KIAM35 Demjansk Battle Damage KIA

And one of him in his new home, next to his M40 winter camo cousin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Demjansk Battle Damage KIA
    P
    Many

Default Re: M35 Demjansk Battle Damage KIA

Congratulations on your new addition, the two look great next to eachother
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

I would return it!! There is a hole in it!!
    ;-)
    Just kidding!
    Nice lid, great history.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Nice relic mate, I have 5 relics, my two best ones are my SS and my M40 with aluminium liner from Stalingrad, though i don't have a bullet hole one....my M35 relic has concussion cracks though

?

Nice one mate. They look good together. Why is the M40 so dark? Is it just the lighting?

PS. I will send you a few pics of the Basha in "action". The vid is not finished yet, but i took some stills.

I don't normally go for relics, they have to be special like winter camo or SS like yours. The damage on this is pretty spectacular too, without shredding the lid. It's also not too badly rusted at all. It ticks all the boxes for a relic for me

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Nice one mate. They look good together. Why is the M40 so dark? Is it just the lighting?

PS. I will send you a few pics of the Basha in "action". The vid is not finished yet, but i took some stills.
    Thanks mate, I look forward to seeing my basha vs Russian wilderness . I think it's lighting to some degree on the M40, but it is very dark to begin with, not a whole lot of white left. Here is a thread on it with better pics https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...rprise-133259/

Well now TWO of Andy's lids are down under! I bought this one from him recently.
    Despite the "official 1000 posts world tour helmet" I would wager there are MANY other lids building up frequent flyer miles!

Cheers, Dan ( my wall is getting crowded - watch out Doug!!! )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Demjansk Battle Damage KIA   M35 Demjansk Battle Damage KIA  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

That is a great relic......

Nice to see it again Dan!