Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M35 headshot relic

Article about: Latest addition to my collection. A ground dug lid obtained in Germany. Covered in some sort of oily grease. Havent done anything with it yet. M35 with entry and exit hole from shrapnel pene

Default M35 headshot relic

Latest addition to my collection. A ground dug lid obtained in Germany. Covered in some sort of oily grease. Havent done anything with it yet.

M35 with entry and exit hole from shrapnel penetrating the helmet and the liner band. If this helmet has been worn at the time of impact it would clearly be fatal. Yes, I know it's in a poor condition, but still I find it interesting.

Tiny parts of the liner and original apfel paint visible.

Well, although collecting for 25 years this item was actually THE piece which was an eyeopener to my wife, who's always mentioned my stuff as "German crap". She's been reading Ken Folletts "Fall of Giants" and I've described the military disasters at Tannenberg and Somme for her. So I just bought the "Winter of the World" for her. Just a hint for you Guys

Well some pictures of the outside and the interior showing the deformation to the liner band.
    Thanks, Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 headshot relic   M35 headshot relic  

M35 headshot relic   M35 headshot relic  

M35 headshot relic   M35 headshot relic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 headshot relic
    P
    Many

Default Re: M35 headshot relic

Doesn't bear thinking about, it would have blown the back of the poor guys head clean off. Very interesting relic though...

Sure, I agree. Thanks for your reply.

nice relic michael it reminds me of my m42 which also has been hit ,the damage must of been fatal poor bloke ,it looks like it has apple green paint remenants also ,what are your plans for this one ,clean it up a little or leave it be ,regards james

Thanks James. I'll clean it a bit, but then leave it as it is. It's a bit crispy, so I'm very aware of not destroying anything.
    Please upload a photo of your M42.
    BR, Michael

?

That would have f*&(&#d the b%#^#%d up as we say in the Australian language. Doesn't bear thinking about.

hi michael its the m42 under yours in the relic section

Quote by col james View Post
    hi michael its the m42 under yours in the relic section
    Hi James. Sure, I realised just after I posted my reply. Nice item BTW.
    I find these relic lids quite interesting to collect. Fairly priced and telling another story than the "mint" helmets.

not a problem michael and i totally agree with you