Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Is this M35 helmet decal real or fake?

Article about: Dear friends, I am a newbie. I bought it for \\$90. Please tell me if the decal is real or fake. thank you all

Quote by CamoForce View Post
    Hello BlackCat1982

Thank you for replying again. Do you think this decal is original or fake?
    Not being able to see or read a makers stamp or press mark inside the rim and the way that the national shield decal has either been scratched out makes me suspect the decals have been added later.

I've also noticed that there is paint around the liner fastening holes, if the helmet was painted in period one might have expected there to be an unpainted "ring" around these vent holes where the pin was located. The fact the paint goes up to the edges of the liner fastening holes could imply it had been painted after the liner was removed (if it was in place at the time).

I would always concede to Schwerpunkt in knowledge as to whether the decals are good or not. Personally I am not happy with them being good. Of course pictures of this same helmet in "found" condition may sway the argument back to good?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this M35 helmet decal real or fake?
    P
    Many

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    with that decal the helmet should have a Q stamp , can you see this or the lotnr ?
    This helmet's eagle fits - Big foot eagle – Quist factory decal

But can't find Q stamp.

Whether it is true or not, this is the first helmet I bought and I gained knowledge.

I saw your website, so I decided to try to buy a helmet. Your website is very good, thank you for giving me the opportunity to learn.

Thank you, Schwerpunkt's germanhelmetvault.com and warrelics.eu

- - ------- - -

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Not being able to see or read a makers stamp or press mark inside the rim and the way that the national shield decal has either been scratched out makes me suspect the decals have been added later.

I've also noticed that there is paint around the liner fastening holes, if the helmet was painted in period one might have expected there to be an unpainted "ring" around these vent holes where the pin was located. The fact the paint goes up to the edges of the liner fastening holes could imply it had been painted after the liner was removed (if it was in place at the time).

I would always concede to Schwerpunkt in knowledge as to whether the decals are good or not. Personally I am not happy with them being good. Of course pictures of this same helmet in "found" condition may sway the argument back to good?
    Thank you for your suggestion, but can't get the original photo, thank you for your knowledge.

Looks like an original Quist decal to me. What happened after that I have no clue
    D.

I think the rust is coming out from underneath the decal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2