Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

M35 vs M40

Article about: Hi Guys I am still not able to see the difference between a M35 and M40. Can I use your expertice to determine what type it is? First one Second Third

Default M35 vs M40

Hi Guys

I am still not able to see the difference between a M35 and M40. Can I use your expertice to determine what type it is?
    First one
    M35 vs M40M35 vs M40
    Second
    M35 vs M40M35 vs M40
    Third
    M35 vs M40

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 vs M40
    P
    Many

Default Re: M35 vs M40

I'm not an expert by any means, but the difference will be in the vent hole. If the vent is a separate piece, it's an M35. If the vent is stamped into the helmet, it's an M40. In M42s the vent will be stamped and the brim around the edge of the helmet will be unfolded.

I can't zoom in on your photos... but it appears to be an M40.

What Joe said. Those all look to be M40s, but the pics are a little grainy on the phone.

Looks like a 40 to me.

M40
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Both M40s

Guys rub the sleep outta your eyes!!!! ....... the first one 'could' be a M35 as i think I can see the edge of the rivet, second one is a post war Bundeswehr but M40 in style and the third is probably the same vintage ..... but then the OP wasn't asking about originality, just the difference between year models.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

If you are thinking of buying German helmets and your knowledge is very limited please invest in one of the good books on the market , this should be the first thing you buy !!

Plus search this forum there are dozens of examples of all types of German helmets which are much better learning tools than those you have posted here , study and learn and you will save yourself from loosing money.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings