Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M38 helmet in relic condition

Article about: Hi guys, just about to add this old fellow to my collection. Since it s going to be a while for me to buy a complete one for obvious reasons, reckon this one will look nice in mu humble para

Will have to second that. Have only used it once, and did so outside, with goggles and protective gloves. It's nasty stuff, lethal oral dose of as little as 15 grams.
    If you're sensible with it, it's nothing to worry about. Like anything that would be dangerous in the wrong hands.
    Once I was done with mine, I neutralised it with baking soda and tipped it away. Disposal, as with use, should be done with care and adherence to local laws.

B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 helmet in relic condition
    P
    Many

Looking at this helmet..makesme wonder if its worth trying to remove the corrosion as it seems thats the only thing holding it together.

Is there a possibility to bring back to life through this dangerous acid process..and is it worth it in the present condition it is in?

I dont know and is why Im asking.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Have always found something uniquely appealing about battlefield relics. Perhaps it's the elimination of that mystery over where it's been and what it's borne witness to.
    Knowing where it was recovered from, you can very nearly pinpoint where it was in the grand scope of things. It's a piece of that battlefield, rather than just another helmet, and is all the more special and historically significant because of it.
    Nothing wrong with a few relics in the collection...

M38 helmet in relic condition

HMMMM. Glenns' collection. Which one would I choose ?

After a short review, I favor the 5th one. The wire.

Nice display by the way !

The helmet is now being restored by a professional, results are outstanding, will post the pictures shortly, this helmet is back to life

I look forward to the pictures matey

Hi guys, I ll let the pictures do the talking, tomorrow I ll take some with natural light
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M38 helmet in relic condition   M38 helmet in relic condition  

M38 helmet in relic condition   M38 helmet in relic condition  

Looking a lot better now! All of the excess dirt and rust removed, whilst still retaining the relic look.
    Interesting to see what looks like surviving Luftwaffe blue-grey paint across the dome too.

B.B.

Hi guys, please find attached pictures with natural light, hope you like it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M38 helmet in relic condition   M38 helmet in relic condition  

?

Wow, well worth the effort !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast