Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 helmet - no decal - maybe white camo?

Article about: Hi guys - I think I showed this one a couple of years ago - but I'll post (again), to get some more feedback. M40 shell, no decal, can't see any markings - and possibly some white camo paint

?

Default M40 helmet - no decal - maybe white camo?

Hi guys - I think I showed this one a couple of years ago - but I'll post (again), to get some more feedback.

M40 shell, no decal, can't see any markings - and possibly some white camo paint on it(?)

I have 2 relic helmets, I'll show my other one, after I get some feedback on this one. So you guys think the white (actually more tan, I guess because of the age of it) parts are camo paint? It's not flaking...

THX in advance!

M40 helmet - no decal - maybe white camo?M40 helmet - no decal - maybe white camo?M40 helmet - no decal - maybe white camo?M40 helmet - no decal - maybe white camo?M40 helmet - no decal - maybe white camo?M40 helmet - no decal - maybe white camo?M40 helmet - no decal - maybe white camo?M40 helmet - no decal - maybe white camo?
    M40 helmet - no decal - maybe white camo?M40 helmet - no decal - maybe white camo?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 helmet - no decal - maybe white camo?
    P
    Many

I think its white Fabe. Take a photo outside on a sunny day.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

THX, I think it's white also - just turned a bit tan due to age - and you think it has chance to be white camo? (does rust looks like this ever?)

I think its white paint not whitewashed. Been heavily cleaned but still a good example to sit with your kannisters and wheel collection.....
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I'm not seeing anything that would say that it's not winter white camo paint. Like Dan said, it would make for a nice display lid.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

MAP
    ?

I have a rusty relic white paint M40. It has turned yellowish with age. But it WAS white at one time. Higher rez pictures would confirm, but I think it stands a fair chance.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I think its white paint not whitewashed. Been heavily cleaned but still a good example to sit with your kannisters and wheel collection.....
    Cheers, Dan
    Thanks Dan, speaking of which...follow me to the kannister thread - new item to show
    Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

?

Some photos taken with natural light...

M40 helmet - no decal - maybe white camo?M40 helmet - no decal - maybe white camo?M40 helmet - no decal - maybe white camo?M40 helmet - no decal - maybe white camo?

I still can see nothing to be displeased with on this one.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

so it's fair to say, that it's probably not some kind of zinc pest oxidation etc.?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast