Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M40 SS relic helmet - another impulse buy!!!!!

Article about: by Totenhead What was the BIN price if you dont mind me asking, the guy hasa few other helmets for sale doesnt he/?? 99 pounds!! Dan

Default M40 SS relic helmet - another impulse buy!!!!!

Oh boy, ........ I've gone and done it again!

I spied this helmet and the buy-it-now price and took the chance. Yes, a risky move BEFORE showing it here I know, but ( I think? ) it's OK, pushes all the right buttons for me ( dug finish looks original, no apparent decal tampering, runes seem to be in the right position relative to the break ) and so I pulled the trigger. Yes, the sellers photos are either blurry or flashed out but I took the chance as the dollar value was low enough for me to end up with a normal relic if it is deemed bad.

Sorry to all the new guys for breaking my / our own rules by not showing it here first but it is all about timing sometimes.
    So did it blow up in my face or not?

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 SS relic helmet - another impulse buy!!!!!   M40 SS relic helmet - another impulse buy!!!!!  

M40 SS relic helmet - another impulse buy!!!!!   M40 SS relic helmet - another impulse buy!!!!!  

M40 SS relic helmet - another impulse buy!!!!!   M40 SS relic helmet - another impulse buy!!!!!  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 SS relic helmet - another impulse buy!!!!!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M40 SS relic helmet - another impulse buy!!!!!

Might be kinda hard to tell with this decal, but I hope you got a winner! I think the thing to do would be to try figure it out via the lot number. Doug was nice enough to help me with a relic SS that I owned in this way.

Signs are good Dan. It doesn't look to be over pitting, it's vaguely 'first pattern' styled a la Quist, and the shell certainly looks a Quist to me. Might have a winner, ADM would probably give a conclusive result on this one.

Got to agree with the others, looks like it is going to be a winner Dan. Hope it didn't set you back to much.

Jason

Thanks Andy, now I have TWO to pay for! ( yours first though! )
    Cheers, Dan

Quote by VolksJager View Post
    Got to agree with the others, looks like it is going to be a winner Dan. Hope it didn't set you back to much.

Jason
    Hi Jason, no it was not a lot - in fact, not much more than a normal ND relic. The seller ( UK based ) said he was letting it go for the same price he got it for years ago ( take that with a grain of salt, I know ) No pix of the inside, so that's a gamble also. Hey, better chances than Powerball any day!!

?

i saw this yesterday aswell on ebay , i too hope its a good one rgds Dave

Quote by sscrooge View Post
    i saw this yesterday aswell on ebay , i too hope its a good one rgds Dave
    Aha, one of the 51 people that looked at the ad before me! This about as much SS decal that I can afford Dave!
    Cheers, Dan

What was the BIN price if you dont mind me asking, the guy hasa few other helmets for sale doesnt he/??

Hello Dan, I also saw this helmet for sale, the seller lives about 50miles from me He has some nice relic helmets with decals with lots of bidders, if I remember correctly.
    Thanks, Glen.

- - Updated - -

NOT 50 miles, just 37! Even closer to it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast