Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M40 SS relic helmet - another impulse buy!!!!!

Article about: by Totenhead What was the BIN price if you dont mind me asking, the guy hasa few other helmets for sale doesnt he/?? 99 pounds!! Dan

Default Re: M40 SS relic helmet - another impulse buy!!!!!

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    What was the BIN price if you dont mind me asking, the guy hasa few other helmets for sale doesnt he/??
    99 pounds!!
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 SS relic helmet - another impulse buy!!!!!
    P
    Many

Quote by Glennyboy619 View Post
    Hello Dan, I also saw this helmet for sale, the seller lives about 50miles from me He has some nice relic helmets with decals with lots of bidders, if I remember correctly.
    Thanks, Glen.

- - Updated - -

NOT 50 miles, just 37! Even closer to it.
    Hi Glen, yes he has but most are open auctions - for some reason this was a "Buy-it-now" ( which made me think for a moment ) then I looked back through his sold items and feedback and a few were BIN. I hope Doug or Samir don't give me bad news but, I'm a big boy and can take it!
    Dan

Bargain Dan !!

I think he has this one as well

German Helmet ww1/2 Helmet decal remainder on Right side . | eBay

I looked at it, but what put me off is that you can see what appear to be little flecks of the decal or something on the helmet, as if the decal has been recently scraped off, hence a fake decal, just concerned me with his other helmets really

I don't know enough about this one to make a call - it does look "iffy" ..... then again, the decal material looks old??
    Under an hour to go and it is getting some interest from two bidders - may end up in a neck & neck finish?

Did you buy it Dan !!! ??????

?

Nowhere near enough decal to make a call from the pics. But I don't see signs of the shell being reworked or cleaned and the decal looks like its not over rust pits, looks natural enough for me. I'd say you probably are good, if someone who's handled a lot of relics that lives close might want to give it an in hand. The transitional, Im not sold on that one but again not much to go on.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Nowhere near enough decal to make a call from the pics. But I don't see signs of the shell being reworked or cleaned and the decal looks like its not over rust pits, looks natural enough for me. I'd say you probably are good, if someone who's handled a lot of relics that lives close might want to give it an in hand. The transitional, Im not sold on that one but again not much to go on.
    Thanks Doug - I know there is not much left to make a definitive call but to me that's sort of a good thing - more than this on a relic shell and I would be questioning validity more! The transitional was NEVER in my sights, just not knowledgeable enough to know for sure.
    A "probably good" is a helluva lot better than a "probably bad"
    Cheers, Dan ( as always, better pix when it lands in Oz )

Well it has arrived!

I have a good feeling about this one - all seems genuinely untouched and even though the lot number and maker is unclear, it is a Q shape and a 64 size. Its the only type of SS lid I can afford and if I can get a closer shot of the decal I will - but its make-up seems to be layered and would it therefore be a Q style?

Do I get a thumbs up Doug??

( I AM using the macro - just aren't as clear as I'd like once I upload them ....bah! )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 SS relic helmet - another impulse buy!!!!!   M40 SS relic helmet - another impulse buy!!!!!  

M40 SS relic helmet - another impulse buy!!!!!   M40 SS relic helmet - another impulse buy!!!!!  

M40 SS relic helmet - another impulse buy!!!!!   M40 SS relic helmet - another impulse buy!!!!!  

?

Unfortunately there isn't enough of the decal remaining to be definitive by photos alone. I am not sure what you mean by layering being unique to a Q decal?

I never said unique, what I meant was isn't a Quist decal only found on quist helmets? And isn't the layering a good sign.... I thought I read that compared to single later modern reproes with no base?
    Tks anyhow,
    Dan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast