Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M42

Article about: Hi everyone! Interesting wear to this one. I just can't figure out what the lines or spots on the helmets is, is it just a messed up lid? Or have this maybe laid in water for a very long tim

?

Default M42

Hi everyone! Interesting wear to this one. I just can't figure out what the lines or spots on the helmets is, is it just a messed up lid? Or have this maybe laid in water for a very long time making this strange wear to it?

Cheers

M42M42M42

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42
    P
    Many

Hi , it looks like a ground dug relic that once had wire on it to me. Leon.

partially buried helmet as FJ said with wire on it.nice relic.

?

You guys are possible right. I also wonder what the "500" writing on the side stand for? Could that be post-war?

Hi , I think the "500" is certainly post war but why it is there I have no idea. Leon.

500 looks like a museum mark. Usually, they are smaller and painted with white lettering. That is my guess. NH

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    500 looks like a museum mark. Usually, they are smaller and painted with white lettering. That is my guess. NH
    I thought that Neil but then I thought "surely a museum would not be so stupid as to mark it so large and on the outside of the shell"? But then again museums have been known to do some pretty stupid things before. The academics are not immune to foolishness no matter how much they like to thick(think?) otherwise! Leon.

Leon, Regarding the mark - I could be wrong but I have seen rather large museum markings on items in very visible places. If it is not a museum mark then (gasp) was it a price mark? That would be awful! But again, I have seen folks scrawl a price mark onto an item before too. Do we know where it originated? Regardless, it is a cool relic. NH

Yes, just like one i had. It was half burried.

?

Well, I actually don't know where it is from. I've asked the seller but without answer. Will try again, these half-burried shells have a lot of character.