Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

My first relic helmet!

Article about: I am new to collecting and figured I would learn all the basics of relic preserving and restoration by purchasing a cheap shell with partial liner and trying a few safe methods to preserve i

Default My first relic helmet!

I am new to collecting and figured I would learn all the basics of relic preserving and restoration by purchasing a cheap shell with partial liner and trying a few safe methods to preserve it and turn it from a rusting piece of history that in a few years would probably be destroyed by rotting away, to a cleaner, more presentable piece of history that is protected and can be preserved for many years to go. Now I am not going to be having a massive collection of ground dug relic helmets because I would like higher quality and presentable helmets "I have a clean Wehrmacht helmet I am purchasing soon and I will attach photos of it", However, I do enjoy the emotion and history a ground dug relic puts off. I would like some opinions about the helmet I just cleaned/preserved, and the one I am interested in buying. Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first relic helmet!   My first relic helmet!  

My first relic helmet!   My first relic helmet!  

My first relic helmet!   My first relic helmet!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first relic helmet!
    P
    Many

I prefer the one you are interested in buying.
    Good job on the preservation but it will go back to nature eventually - 'rust never sleeps'

Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The good M35/40 is better than the rotten 42.

great idea having one of each ,have you a picture of the relic liner please ,for a relic it looks to have a lot going for it ,a partial decal some apple green paint and its liner pins too do you intend seal the shell to preserve ,thanks james

Yes I will upload a photo of the relic liner! and yep! I sealed it with a non shiny preservative! Sadly, all that is left of the liner is this aluminum piece that came broken out of it "Not unexpected from a ground dug piece haha". And I decided on a different Wehrmacht Helmet that I recently purchased that I will post once it arrives!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first relic helmet!   My first relic helmet!  

My first relic helmet!  

And I fit the aluminum piece back in so it fit snug and not just fall out when I display it

thanks for showing and great to see your hands covered for good preservation of the relic pieces

Thank you very much! And I very rarely handle any of my items without gloves. I can not fathom the thought of in a few years, seeing my items stain or crumble away because of poor handling. Just trying my hardest to preserve history

I love relic helmets are they have a "character" and story all their own, but ultimately they are not as desirable or as satisfying as a bonafide original in good nick