Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

My first relic Stahlhelm pick-up

Article about: Hi guys, this relic stahlhelm is my first helmet pick-up and I wanted to share it with you. There is still part of the decal visible and I also found little bits and pieces of the original p

?

Default My first relic Stahlhelm pick-up

Hi guys,

this relic stahlhelm is my first helmet pick-up and I wanted to share it with you. There is still part of the decal visible and I also found little bits and pieces of the original paint. A part of the liner is still present. You can see its been underground for a long time, there are little holes in the helmet. I love it and it makes want to look for more.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first relic Stahlhelm pick-up   My first relic Stahlhelm pick-up  

My first relic Stahlhelm pick-up   My first relic Stahlhelm pick-up  

My first relic Stahlhelm pick-up   My first relic Stahlhelm pick-up  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first relic Stahlhelm pick-up
    P
    Many

As a long time collector of relic helmets I can say that once air gets to the surface the rust and flaking will continue. As much as you may not like it, you need to apply some wax or flat clear lacquer to provide a barrier to oxygen. That way you can enjoy your relics without them falling apart.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Looks like an M40 to me and i reckon relic lids have a certain charm. Do as Dan said and apply some beeswax etc!....

?

Thanks for the tips. I will look for some wax and I'm going to take good care of the helmet.