Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My first stahlhelm- relic M42

Article about: by DougB Welcome to the addiction! As for the gas can all I can say was bullshit but the seller stuck to his story like white on rice, sort of like the Uncle Tony con job that was here recen

Default Re: My first stahlhelm- relic M42

Quote by DougB View Post
    Welcome to the addiction! As for the gas can all I can say was bullshit but the seller stuck to his story like white on rice, sort of like the Uncle Tony con job that was here recently. So, always remember to view the helmet with a discriminating eye and ear!
    lol, funny thing is, that gas can has GOT to be somewhere...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first stahlhelm- relic M42
    P
    Many

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    lol, funny thing is, that gas can has GOT to be somewhere...
    KGB archive?

Quote by DougB View Post
    No worries Marty, we are all learning every day! Apple green was used from 1935 to 1939 with pea green in 1938 I believe. When the M40 was brought into production the production color changed to schiffergrau, there are so many shades of grey that it gets very confusing. Frank is a real expert with paint colors and tones for the various manufacturers as he collects by manufacturer and model. Me, I love the apple green and pea green of the M35s! And of course anything with those lightning bolts on the side!
    A good collector knows his fruits and vegetables. ;-)
    Just want to intercede with an example of apple green and pea green.

?

I know my fruits and veggies Frank (wink) it is the shades of grey by manufacturer in the M40.M42 models where you have the resident examples and where I bow to your expertise LOL. ;-)

Quote by DougB View Post
    I know my fruits and veggies Frank (wink) it is the shades of grey by manufacturer in the M40.M42 models where you have the resident examples and where I bow to your expertise LOL. ;-)
    Doug , that remark was not for you. You have enough M35's to start a fruit orchard and vegetable garden with :-)

Out of the two examples posted, the paint I can see on my helmet looks closest to the latter. Beautiful helmets, by the way.

Mat

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    A good collector knows his fruits and vegetables. ;-)
    Just want to intercede with an example of apple green and pea green.
    yeah I know Frank, I have only been at this about a year, Doug straightened me out on the color deal. told you I learned something. no problem, a long time ago I thought they were all gray, or the black ones, I have learned a lot from you guy's & I really appreciate it, thanks.
    regards Marty

I was just looking at German helmets for sale on Espenlaus Militaria, and came across one like mine (M42, no decals) which is referred to as possibly originating to the Heer or Waffen SS. It made me wonder if my helmet could have been worn by an SS man? I originally assumed that only the Heer used helmets without decals- but is it possible? I know most sites will say such things just to make a sale, but from what I've read this is a reputable site. The helmet I refer to seems to be grey, so I assume this would indicate potential origin? Mine shows traces of green, as discussed.
    The helmet's here -> Original WW2 German militaria, WW2 Red Army militaria, WW2 Soviet militaria and more...

On an unrelated note, my helmet seems to be a very small size... it won't even nearly fit on a polystyrene mannequin head I have, nor my head (I carefully tried out of interest, but stopped before putting any pressure on the liner).

-Mat

Nevermind, I just went back and saw this was already covered. Possible but unlikely.

-Mat

?

M42 with no decals would be Heer or SS. Sizes ranged from the super small 60 to the super large 70 with 72 even made. The size is stamped into the metal skirt and goes up by 2's.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast