Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

My first Stahlhelm, what do you think of it?

Article about: If you keep the helmet in a dry place it wont corrode, but if you want to protect it further wipe a very thin layer of beeswax on to it!..

Default Re: My first Stahlhelm, what do you think of it?

Thanks for the instructions Dave. I'll look into it soon.

Here's some pics of my M55. This is the regular postwar production with Finnish postwar liners and such? The pins atleast are 100% Finnish production. The lid is painted with some thick brush paint looking SA (Finnish army) Green. I really doubt that those German helmets were kept in their original condition, foreign country's insignias in them, while having the dictatur named USSR breathing in our backs and threatening with invasion. Finnish officials had to lick their bottoms all the time, to avoid annoying them.

I found a text made by scratching from the inner skirt: ''Nurmeksen vanha vartiossa 22/7 1967'', which rougly translates to ''The old of Nurmes in guard duty 22/7 1967''. It's always nice to find history of a helmet, postwar or not. Every male Finn has been and still are required to attend military training, usually after schools at around 19y of age and this must be from a young chap who had a boring guard duty. The military service's time varies with the military branch, but it's usually half a year or a year.
    These have actually been seen in service last time in 2005
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first Stahlhelm, what do you think of it?   My first Stahlhelm, what do you think of it?  

My first Stahlhelm, what do you think of it?   My first Stahlhelm, what do you think of it?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first Stahlhelm, what do you think of it?
    P
    Many

Nice M35 helmet!!! I like the shell but not anything else! IMO 60€ is good for this shell... not too low, not too high!! It is just a nice shell that with some accesories it will look perfect! I had two M35's without anything inside (liner, leathers and chinstrap) and i managed to buy these to fix them on my helmet! Now i have two full combat ready M35's that look perfect!!!

Thank you very much Lizard. I took the postwar insiders off. Two of them were pins, and one a bolt with a nut

How much did you pay for one insider (linings and strap)?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first Stahlhelm, what do you think of it?   My first Stahlhelm, what do you think of it?  

Quote by Finnlander View Post
    Thank you very much Lizard. I took the postwar insiders off. Two of them were pins, and one a bolt with a nut

How much did you pay for one insider (linings and strap)?
    It's been about 4-5 years since i bought the items to complete my helmets but i think the aluminium bands and the leathers went at about 100€ - 120€ per helmet... Now the chinstraps and the split pins went at about 60-70€ per helmet. But i'm not quiet sure about the prices i'm telling you!

?

Ridiculous when you think that i can remember genuine liners and bands going for 15- 20 pounds and genuine c/straps for 11 pounds at the Bedford arms fair about 10- 15 yrs ago and there were tables of them, you could also buy the leather seperate for about a tenner ,oh for the return of those days

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4