Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

My good friend Boddoer/ ssovetsk

Article about: I just find Very Very weird the 2 HD helmets pop up over time On ebay and BOTH Look like there from the same hand..I have been collecting Relics right up to the top shelf camo's for more tha

Default Re: My good friend Boddoer/ ssovetsk

I just find Very Very weird the 2 HD helmets pop up over time On ebay and BOTH Look like there from the same hand..I have been collecting Relics right up to the top shelf camo's for more than 10yr's now and never seen these relics before...You have to stop and ask a few question's...Look at the market there FULL of Non decaled helmets look at period pic's there WERE more ND helmets than SD ones but looking at the market you wouldn't believe it..I was nearly sucked in a few yrs ago over a ss relic by the very same person....I know what your going Through Dan i hate having that thought in my head that a helmet in my collection may not be what you think...I am Ultra careful about the item's i spend my hard earned cash on....
    wayne

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My good friend Boddoer/ ssovetsk
    P
    Many

Well I checked - it WAS 'Boddoer' that I bought it from back in April this year! OK, so it now comes off the shelf and onto the bench for close examination to work out what the hell is going on. Seriously Wayne, this is good fakery if that is what it is - maybe the guy is a struggling artist? or they were done 10 years ago and buried in his backyard, who knows??? Or a cache of HD helmets were dug up - just seems such an obscure thing to paint on a helmet ??? After all, hardly anyone here ( apart from SCOUT ) knew what the Holder Danske group was.

From now on, I'll call it my Harley Davidson relic, rather than my Holger Dansk!!
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

I'm sorry to hear, that the 'Holger Danske' lid might be a faked one!

Hi Dan, I thought it useful to add the link to the original disscusion of the "HD" lid:

Holger Danske Helmet surprise!!!

The problem is, one of these HD lids was shown in Baer's book about 20 years ago. Obscure to some, but not all.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Dan, I thought it useful to add the link to the original disscusion of the "HD" lid:
    Holger Danske Helmet surprise!!!
    The problem is, one of these HD lids was shown in Baer's book about 20 years ago. Obscure to some, but not all.
    Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade, I've no probs with it if it IS fake but lets put it through the mill and find out what's what. I'll get some close-up photos for you all to see it better. Price-wise, I probably paid about US$30 more than I would have as a relic without the HD painted on so he never made a killing off me - which is weird for a faker???

Watch this space!
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by kylesbullets View Post
    To me, the eagle looks like a stencil. There is too much black outline on the right wing. Looks like spraypaint..
    G'day Mate, to me it looks like a 2nd pattern Bird on an M35 which already sets off some bells.....

Regards Phill

Lol settle down UK Wayne lol, I got the refund to keep helmet.

I looked at it with a 20x glass and it's not spray painted. It is a decal. Had a closer look at both decals and I'm sure faked. Both are raised up as if pasted over the rust.

Here are some more pics I took. Others were from seller. This first one is very telling. The shiny patch around the decal is not the camera or the lighting. It actually is a glossy area. At first I thought maybe someone just waxed up the decal for show, but isn't that a sign of fakery? When you hold it at a certain angle you can see this.

Some closeups.
    My good friend Boddoer/ ssovetskMy good friend Boddoer/ ssovetskMy good friend Boddoer/ ssovetskMy good friend Boddoer/ ssovetskMy good friend Boddoer/ ssovetsk

Other decal. This one shows to a greater degree that it is just pasted on top of the rust layer? Again at a certain angle it decal looks higher then should be. Decal area is also glossy.

I want to be sure both decals are crap before I leave a neg FB. Another guy selling crap with a perfect 100% FB record.

Thanks for looking.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast