Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

My good friend Boddoer/ ssovetsk

Article about: I just find Very Very weird the 2 HD helmets pop up over time On ebay and BOTH Look like there from the same hand..I have been collecting Relics right up to the top shelf camo's for more tha

?

Default Re: My good friend Boddoer/ ssovetsk

That's Ade's decision, I just keep the peace here. As for posting this guys fakes feel free to continue on in this thread.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My good friend Boddoer/ ssovetsk
    P
    Many

Looks like at this time no stuff on Boddoer but on ssovetsk there is a new named thing that isn't a helmet...... Named Canteens and food tins!!! lol

My good friend Boddoer/ ssovetskMy good friend Boddoer/ ssovetskMy good friend Boddoer/ ssovetskMy good friend Boddoer/ ssovetskMy good friend Boddoer/ ssovetsk

On picture #4, the design looks post war done because there isn't any burn marks or dents in the designs.....

Ok thanks, me and Kyle are on this guy like flies on ^@$* lol

Quote by DougB View Post
    I kind of thought so from the beginning.
    Hold your horses for a moment or two Douglas! I am overseas this week on business but have bought a 800X USB microscope to get to the bottom of this HD helmet. Wait til I get back and take some close-ups - we are not comparing apples with apples as it is NOT a decal but ( may be ) recent painted lettering and like Romney I'm not going to concede until all the scrutiny is done - the advice of all you fine moderators and holy grail collectors for ADM assessment has been taken so please let us first do that before we kill it off - I intend to do the same when the Arado M34 arrives!

"fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice, shame on me! "
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Hold your horses for a moment or two Douglas! I am overseas this week on business but have bought a 800X USB microscope to get to the bottom of this HD helmet. Wait til I get back and take some close-ups - we are not comparing apples with apples as it is NOT a decal but ( may be ) recent painted lettering and like Romney I'm not going to concede until all the scrutiny is done - the advice of all you fine moderators and holy grail collectors for ADM assessment has been taken so please let us first do that before we kill it off - I intend to do the same when the Arado M34 arrives!

"fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice, shame on me! "
    Dan
    I don't think ADM can help you much with paint. I have looked at quite a few names painted in helmets and I haven't seen many if any similar , some show very tiny age cracks others do not. It depends on the paint composition and thickness and conditions.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    I don't think ADM can help you much with paint. I have looked at quite a few names painted in helmets and I haven't seen many if any similar , some show very tiny age cracks others do not. It depends on the paint composition and thickness and conditions.
    Fair enough Frank, thanks for that - but I AM listening to advice in purchasing one and trying to be investigative rather than emotive. I can adjust it down to 200X so I am trying to see anything that helps ascertain an age for the paint.... how else would one make up one's mind on paint??

800x, that's like $350-500 US? SAve your money sir, it's probably fake, just like that SS decal you spent so much time on, sry to say.

I mean it's just not logical that one seller can get so many named helmets or HD or whatever. Scout said it correctly, someone is trolling forums looking for stuff to copy and either this guy is doing it or someone else is faking this stuff and he's moving it.

Quote by WW2headgearlover View Post
    SAve your money sir it's fake just like that SS decal you spent so much time on, sry to say.

As I said, it is far far easier for the written word to be emotive rather than analytical ........ sigh.
    Actually, it was US$39.00 on eBay from Hong Kong ( free shipping ) .......... too cheap, IT could be fake too??

Wow, bring us all one!! A 20x loop is $11.00 here. You have a picture of it or model? SO it plugs into the comp and is not a stand alone?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast