Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

My good friend Boddoer/ ssovetsk

Article about: I just find Very Very weird the 2 HD helmets pop up over time On ebay and BOTH Look like there from the same hand..I have been collecting Relics right up to the top shelf camo's for more tha

Default Re: My good friend Boddoer/ ssovetsk

Quote by WW2headgearlover View Post
    Wow, bring us all one!! A 20x loop is $11.00 here. You have a picture of it or model? SO it plugs into the comp and is not a stand alone?
    Here it is!
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/8-LED-USB...item2a1dcc76a9
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My good friend Boddoer/ ssovetsk
    P
    Many

Wow again, technology! I wait until you try it. IF good we all should get one.

Been thinking about getting one. You can see if a decal is real with on of these. You can see the overlapping of when they printed these on. No comments on the tins?

That's the same one I bought a couple of weeks back Dan, they are good.

Also, I should thank Paul for some of this thread because he helped my spot the first fake from this guy, the sauerland helmet he was selling....

?

800x is much too deep. 200x is perfect and to be honest a 10x loupe does the job in most cases. As well knowledge doesn't come with it nor do comparable helmets. It took me 3 years, the study of many helmets, a lot of time and the cost of over $12,000 to crack one top fake SS helmet thought to be real by the top collectors.

As for the study of paint all ADM can show is repetitive tool marking. It cannot ascertain age. Painted insignia is the most difficult to authenticate and will always be controversial.

With regard to source, I am afraid the source in this case is not good and that in of itself is a red enough flag to seriously doubt any helmet he sells. Factory guard helmets are among the rarest there is and because there is so little that survived and even less in the hands of collectors, to compare to originals is virtually impossible. I would only consider a factory guard helmet after consultation with Don L and Francis and even then would post it for general consensus.

Now as for this thread, please keep it on topic, helmets only from this seller. This thread is taking so many directions it's becoming an unmanageable multi-headed hydra.

?

Quote by WW2headgearlover View Post
    Wow again, technology! I wait until you try it. IF good we all should get one.
    ADM is a proven resource combined with experience. See the many pinned GHW topics on the subject.

Now let's stick to this guys helmets thanks.

?

Quote by kylesbullets View Post
    Been thinking about getting one. You can see if a decal is real with on of these. You can see the overlapping of when they printed these on. No comments on the tins?
    Kyle there's much more needed than just the ADM, experience and comparables and knowledge of period print processes. The tins are not helmets, this is the helmet section so let's limit posts to this guys helmets thanks!

Doug, I have a 20x loop and I want better. There is detail that still I can hardly see. I want that speck of paint or that relic decal blown up to see the application methods before the rust or after, and fine cracking etc. I was told for determining decals, a 20x is minimum for the average joe collector. Maybe to you experienced guys it is not needed? A 50x would be great, 200x -800x, wow that's getting into real science, I only finished grade 12 and I hated chemistry!

This Boddeer/ssovetsk fool is faking a wide variaty of items. WE need another spot at this forum where we can list everything, or we will need to go to every forum category he has fakes of. WE want also to go after other eBay fakers as well!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast