Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My relic condition Luftwaffe Helmet.

Article about: Hello Guys, I´ve just received my second relic helmet... i´ve really learned to love relic condition helmets because you see the story behind them much more then on a perfectly fine conditio

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    I guess I will be repeating this until I die
    Think of it as school. Every year is a new class of freshman

For the record.....not directed at Adravor
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My relic condition Luftwaffe Helmet.
    P
    Many

Quote by Adravor View Post
    My statement seems to be missunderstood, i did certainly not want to make less of mint condition helmets, its just a personal preference of me.
    I like it when you can look at a helmet and tell that it has suffered and seen heavy use. Mint condition helmets are certainly very interesting and rare, and because that they are more special.
    Still i personally like to see the history of a piece just by looking at it, if we take the helmet that this post started with, you can see different layers of paint, overpainted decals, battel damage, everywhere rust and traces of its history.
    Its just a piece of rusty metal for most people, but for me it still represents a history, a fate, a lost live.

Still i disagree you can learn more about helmets from above ground finds, i think you cant really generalize that. It always depends on what you want to learn and how well the helmet survived.
    Your helmet could have been a stone mint one , that was never worn , tossed into a pit to rot 70 years. Claiming it has more history than a similar helmet picked up by GI on the same location which is now still in more or less the condition it was in in 1945 is a claim to holds no water at all.
    The only ground finds worth having are those with an actual dig record , unfortunately such records do not exist for most dug helmets and actual proof is lost in time.
    Any history you attach to your helmet like loss of life is pure speculation on your part , why is it broken ? Maybe the lot where it was found was bulldozed over and it got crushed.
    You can fantasize what you want because it is your helmet but it being more historical than a helmet in better condition is just BS.

As this IS a discussion forum.....might as well tell it as it is. Took the words out my mouth Frank, and probably many others here too.
    D.

I never said they are less historical... and i will never say that, or think that in any way.
    My fist sentence is: "My statement seems to be missunderstood" and it seems it still is.
    Its a PERSONAL preference. I like relic helmets more.
    Mint condition helmets are great, because the helmet is perfectly intact as it was in the War, but i PERSONALLY like it more when they look like they belong in a different century.

I cant understand why you are being so agressive about that. I also like mint conditioned helmets, and i especially like good and intact decals, because they just look better, but i prefer groundfinds at the moment.

To conclude:
    ANY WW2 Helmet is a great piece of History. Groundfinds and Mint-Conditioned! A Story behind them, where they come from, what happend to the wearer and where he fought, where he lived and how he died always make the helmet more valuable.
    But people have their preferences, and that is a good thing, because that assures that as many Helmets in as many states as possible are conserved for the future.

(Also if anybody would collect exactly the same the hobby would cost even more...)

Hello
    Another piece of me found a good home
    The helmet is size 64 not 62
    It was good readable as it was in my collection
    The lot say DD Luftwaffe that is correct
    I hope it help
    Best regards
    Bavarian

Interesting to find you here, the world is small!
    Thank you.

Regards,
    Adravor

Interesting to find you here, the world is small!
    Thank you!

Regards,
    Adravor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3