Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help. German Heer double decal helmet. Real or Fake?

Article about: Could anybody please help me to determine if this helmet is real? Thank you.

Leo
    ?

Could anybody please help me to determine if this helmet is real? Thank you.
    Last edited by Leo; 11-15-2017 at 05:32 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help. German Heer double decal helmet. Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

From your pics...The shell is real M40, paint & decals no good. Liner looks okay.. can you see a date on the liner band ? For this model helmet, an aluminum liner band should be dated no earlier than 1939. It should be 1939 or 1940 dated normally

Leo
    ?

Thank you real steel for your response. All I have at the moment is these pictures and I can not see more than that. But my main concern was paint and decals as I too though they do not look right. I do have brush painted helmet that have similar loss of paint as it is on this helmet but that one is transitional older one and I have not seen m40 helmet before like this. Decals is hard to tell but I dont like those lines around them. I can find other original examples that have these lines around and rust is coming under kind of unusual way too, that is way though maybe ask other people opinion. Thank you very much again.

Hey...you are welcome !

Yes...this is a helmet to avoid. Be happy to look at any others for you too !!