Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Need a Quick Opinion on this DD Relic

Article about: Hello Forum, I´ve seen this helmet show up for a really good price, its almost too good for an DD Relic. So i bought it, i´m sending the money not until tomorrow, so there would be an option

Default Need a Quick Opinion on this DD Relic

Hello Forum,
    I´ve seen this helmet show up for a really good price, its almost too good for an DD Relic.
    So i bought it, i´m sending the money not until tomorrow, so there would be an option to abort the deal before its to late.
    If anyone has any doubts of its originality, i would be greatful if he would tell me.
    I personally believe it to be real, but as i´ve heard storys about people putting helmets on ebay they dont even own, i´m rather untrustful with good prices.

Regards,
    A.

Need a Quick Opinion on this DD Relic Need a Quick Opinion on this DD Relic Need a Quick Opinion on this DD Relic
    Need a Quick Opinion on this DD Relic Need a Quick Opinion on this DD Relic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need a Quick Opinion on this DD Relic
    P
    Many

No doubts?

It looks like a model 1935, but the pictures are not great. There appears to be rust holes on the front, which might be why the vendor only included side views? It isn't in great condition even if it does have DD. If you are happy with what you paid that is ok, but maybe post pictures in daylight and any markings visible on the inner skirt that might ID the factory.

I bought the helmet, expecting it to be in an rather bad shape.
    But as it arrived i was suprised to see that the helmet is in rather good condition for an relic, and i even discovered that the original Owner left an still partly readable inscription!
    It seems to be: J. Z. (2 unreadable digets)5
    The Outer Paint is about 50% - 60% intact and i believe that it was atleast overpainted once War Time, as the National Deacal seems to be partly covered in paint.
    The Lotr. Number is 3578 and its an ET Shell, sadly the last diget of the Size is lost.
    The Decals are in rather bad shape, but still existent, and they fit the overall apperance of the helmet.
    In general i absolutely love the look of this relic!

Here are some Pics of the arrived Helmet:

Need a Quick Opinion on this DD Relic Need a Quick Opinion on this DD Relic Need a Quick Opinion on this DD Relic Need a Quick Opinion on this DD Relic
    Need a Quick Opinion on this DD Relic Need a Quick Opinion on this DD Relic Need a Quick Opinion on this DD Relic

Need a Quick Opinion on this DD Relic Need a Quick Opinion on this DD Relic
    Lotr. Number and the remains of the Inscription and the ET and Size Stamp

Regards, A.

I'd say the inscription might refer to the owner being in a particular platoon (Zug). I don't think it is the owners initials. Nice relic.

Any Ideas what the J.Z could stand for exactly?