Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

New Relic Lid!

Article about: Yeah, it'll be cool even if the liner can't be refitted.

Default Re: New Relic Lid!

Point taken Tyrone, if it all comes together with authentic paper work it might even deserve a glass case Thanks for your reply.

Cheers Phill.

- - Updated - -

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Digging details/photos, solid shell and a seemingly intact liner---- good stuff, congrats!
    Thanks Mate, i hope it all pans out and is as good as it sounds.

Cheers Phill.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Relic Lid!
    P
    Many

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Pictures of the dig site will make it all the better!! Nice peice.
    I agree Mate, makes it all the more interesting

Cheers Phill

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    nice to see one without daylight showing through it,well done indeed,cheers dave.
    Thanks Dave, and yeah some ya see these days are more daylight than Lid, and they still want ya pay for the daylight!!

Cheers Phill

Quote by Datrus View Post
    You sure got a good deal there Phil

Regards, Lars
    Cheers Mate, cant' wait to check it out

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    It saddens me that the guys over there are charging $50 US for shipping on a $30 lid and I just got a lid in 4 days for $26 from the UK. The $50 shipping lids take almost 1 month. Too many sellers in Latvia and surrounding areas have jacked their shipping triple in the past year. WHY? Am I missing something?
    I'm hearing ya Bud..but what can ya do?? I've seen sellers asking over $100 bucks plus when others can do international for 20 to 30 ?? Suppose you just have to add it to what your willing to spend, but i know for me being in Aus its a big deterent.

Cheers Phill

New Relic Lid![QUOTE=WOODSNAKE;642714]I'm hearing ya Bud..but what can ya do?? I've seen sellers asking over $100 bucks plus when others can do international for 20 to 30 ?? Suppose you just have to add it to what your willing to spend, but i know for me being in Aus its a big deterent.

Cheers Phill[/QUOTE Check this one out!!!! $200 Bucks Post....Yeah no worries..

IMO "restoring" this would be akin to ruining an awesome and very displayable piece of history --- with the dig shots it would be perfect to leave more or less as it is. Restoring is only suitable for those tired and faceless/anonymous lids with no story behind them, once again IMO...
    I know I would leave it alone and instead spend some creative energy and a few bucks on creating a suitable and fitting display for it.

But, of course... don't get me wrong, you're the owner -- you decide

?

About shipping costs i would guess it just "blends" into the market price of helmets in whatever region it might be. I mean it will never be really cheap to get a lid to AUS for example. A 40$ lid will cost about the same to ship, give or take. That means the market price for such condition helmet will be 70-80$. Maybe you can bring one back from a vacation trip or something, but this will not be free either. Then you can travel to "Europe" and buy some lids and bring them back, but it will still cost something in transport. A cost you will have to add to the number of helmets bought. However i agree on some people and shops put a high percentage on top of the actual shipping cost, which is BS.

I have a friend who bought some items in one of Moscow's shops. They wanted 100$ for shipping to France!!! I picked up his items and shipped them for around 80 or something. Pretty f..... up!

Regards, Lars

?

I agree Slados28! It should be cleaned a little and helmet and liner should be displayed side by side. If possible clean the liner a little too.

WOODSNAKE. I will send you a relic lid without making a profit on it and without adding a percentage to the shipping, if you would just leave this one alone I have been scouting for lids to restore today and found a few good candidates. My digging partner also have about 10 laying around. However i found a good M40 with original liner and chinstrap, repainted with a fake decal. ET64 with low LOT Nr.

Regards, Lars

- - Updated - -

I agree Slados28! It should be cleaned a little and helmet and liner should be displayed side by side. If possible clean the liner a little too.

WOODSNAKE. I will send you a relic lid without making a profit on it and without adding a percentage to the shipping, if you would just leave this one alone I have been scouting for lids to restore today and found a few good candidates. My digging partner also have about 10 laying around. However i found a good M40 with original liner and chinstrap, repainted with a fake decal. ET64 with low LOT Nr.

Regards, Lars

Quote by Datrus View Post

Regards, Lars

- - Updated - -

Regards, Lars
    Well i like the sound of that Lars! Tell me more Mate! or PM me. Quick...

Cheers Phill.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast