Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

A new sub-forum???? relic helmets

Article about: Certainly there is more and more discussion taking place on decals on relic helmets , i personally feel that the posting of helmets to show how differing ground and soil conditions have affe

Default Re: A new sub-forum???? relic helmets

Something similar to that SS lid sold for about £600 a few months ago on one of the forum estands.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A new sub-forum???? relic helmets
    P
    Many

?

A great idea with a relic lid sub forum.

Relic and non-relic lids are two entirely different things and the relics should not clog up the non-relic sub forum. IMHO.

Regards, Lars

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Something similar to that SS lid sold for about £600 a few months ago on one of the forum estands.
    That's nice to know Mate : )

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Holy $xxt! No wonder guys are popping and aging fake SS decals on rusted out lids worth $30...Thats nearly $1000 Canadian! I'd love a relic but only if I dug it up myself. Mainly for the story and satisfaction but also because of the fake factor.

As for a separate section its probably a good idea I think. I have no say in it however, I just keep the peace and take out the trash.

Okey dokey Sheriff Doug ............

I always question the use of the word relic , I see collectors often tie it purely to ground finds ?

The definition I found is :
    1.An object surviving from an earlier time, esp. one of historical or sentimental interest.
    2.A part of a deceased holy person's body or belongings kept as an object of reverence.

So by definition all WW2 helmets regardless of condition are relics ;-)

?

It's a collector term misused just like the word Tropical. The Germans never fought in the tropics, an area clearly defined. But any sandy colored helmet is called tropical. ;-)

Or a relic is my Uncle George.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    I always question the use of the word relic , I see collectors often tie it purely to ground finds ?

The definition I found is :
    1.An object surviving from an earlier time, esp. one of historical or sentimental interest.
    2.A part of a deceased holy person's body or belongings kept as an object of reverence.
    So by definition all WW2 helmets regardless of condition are relics ;-)
    Indeed Frank, the word relic is a catchall ( hence the forum name ) but I was suggesting "relic helmets" as a way of distinguishing the different types of finds.

Maybe the sub-form name should be "earth-extracted helmets"??? ( doesn't really have a ring to it though )
    Dan

Now up and running.

Please post away!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Super Ade. Great initiative. Thanks a lot

Regards, Lars

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3