Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Newbie - is this a real or fake helmet?

Article about: Hi, sorry for my ignorance but can anyone advise if this helmet is a fake or a real one, or even what style it is? If it is real, what would be the ballpark figure it would be worth. ? Thank

?

Default Newbie - is this a real or fake helmet?

Hi, sorry for my ignorance but can anyone advise if this helmet is a fake or a real one, or even what style it is? If it is real, what would be the ballpark figure it would be worth.
    ?

Thanks in advance
    MarkNewbie - is this a real or fake helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Newbie - is this a real or fake helmet?
    P
    Many

NOT WW2 German...Appears to be 100% reproduction.

Just for fun...if original...would be worth about $10-12K USD

Chinese I believe. Beware the pin hole vents!

Not one single component is original - shell, liner, chinstrap and decals are all very obvious reproductions. Hopefully this is a PRE PURCHASE post. If not, get a refund immediately if you paid market prices for an original example. Jim G.

Welcome to the forum. The helmet has been aged artificially and most likely priced far cheaper than market to catch the attention of untutored buyers. It's not ignorant to post on this forum to find out it's origin.

The shape of the cutaway alone points to this being a possible Chinese repro*

( * - I'm being nice and not using the word 'fake'.. )

Welcome to the Forum & please spend some time referring back to older threads about German helmets - you will save a lot of money !

Be careful Mark! This is very bad, and some others are more convincing. Fortunately there are experienced members here to help (some have already commented) so it would be wise to post any potential purchases here first. And... start saving! An SS helmet will start at around USD 3k and go up beyond 30k depending on condition and rarity.
    Nick

?

Thanks everyone, I did not buy it thank goodness

Hi Mark
    If you have interest in German helmets...maybe we will hear from you again. There are a few "Sub categories" under steel helmets...fake decal detection, fake helmet detection, SS helmets in general, relic helmets. We have covered about everything in those sub forums. Take some time & look. When questions arise, feel free to post. Many of us here are friendly & willing to help you. There are also a few of the most knowledgeable helmet collectors in the world on this forum.
    David

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    "....There are also a few of the most knowledgeable helmet collectors in the world on this forum...."

David
    Mark,

That quote is coming from one of them
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)