Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Nice german m35 dd dug relic helmet I bought

Article about: I usually don't collect dug relics but seen this one and had to have it, the rubber helmet band is fused to the shell also both decals are mostly intact and no rust holes and has original ap

Default Nice german m35 dd dug relic helmet I bought

I usually don't collect dug relics but seen this one and had to have it, the rubber helmet band is fused to the shell also both decals are mostly intact and no rust holes and has original apple green paint left, I paid $120 shipped which I thought was a deal, just thought I would share

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nice german m35 dd dug relic helmet I bought
    P
    Many

Awesome helmet, i say you got a great deal for 120. Ive sold worse ones for the equal amount of cash.

$120 is more than fair!

MAP
    ?

I'm not a relic collector but I'd have that on my shelf any day.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Curious. This is a heavily rusted and pitted helmet where significant areas of paint and decals have seemed to survive, and yet the leather liner did not. But the chin straps and rubber band did (old tractor inner tube?). How has it been cleaned ? I wonder if you were to lift the edge of the rubber band what you would find.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Curious. This is a heavily rusted and pitted helmet where significant areas of paint and decals have seemed to survive, and yet the leather liner did not. But the chin straps and rubber band did (old tractor inner tube?). How has it been cleaned ? I wonder if you were to lift the edge of the rubber band what you would find.
    Leather was probably ok but the flexible metal things that hold the inner ring are thin and probably broke (while cleaning or putting it on the head; happened to me once lol)

Anderson, the rubber band is fused to helmet and where this was found the soil seems to perseve helmets better than others also this does have the leather liner but is detached from liner band

MAP
    ?

Preservation all depends on the soil conditions.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)