Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

normandy m18 earcutout helmet

Article about: Hi all. Can snyone give me a value on this helmet. I got it in normandy from a videgrenier and have restored it. As you can see in the pictures it was used by a local as a chicken feeder or

?

Default normandy m18 earcutout helmet

Hi all. Can snyone give me a value on this helmet. I got it in normandy from a videgrenier and have restored it. As you can see in the pictures it was used by a local as a chicken feeder or something. I am in no doubt it is original.Cheers, andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture normandy m18 earcutout helmet   normandy m18 earcutout helmet  

normandy m18 earcutout helmet   normandy m18 earcutout helmet  

normandy m18 earcutout helmet   normandy m18 earcutout helmet  

normandy m18 earcutout helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement normandy m18 earcutout helmet
    P
    Many

Maybe a couple of hundred dollars to the right buyer? Most collectors don't go for resto/repro jobs like this, but I suppose it is a rare shell in any condition so that counts for something. It wouldn't be for me personally.

?

Yep. Know where your coming from but it looked horrible with all the holes in it.

It's a shame about the holes. I think you did a nice job of restoring it though.

?

Thanks. Best thing about it is its from normandy

Personally I think I would have left it as it was, but each to his own. Good luck with it.

Just out of curiosity, weren't the M18s issued in the first world war as akavallerie helmet? Or were they also issued to 'lesser' divisions such as the 709. Infanterie-Division or 716. ID? Just, I see that you did yours with the Wehrmacht eagle.

Edit: I do like what you did with it.

?

My understanding is they were going to be the standard helmet but the war ended before they were put into mass production. They were issued to rear and coastal artillery troops . This one came from the cobra area of normandy.

Quote by andyy1 View Post
    My understanding is they were going to be the standard helmet but the war ended before they were put into mass production. They were issued to rear and coastal artillery troops . This one came from the cobra area of normandy.
    Cool, thanks. So then it was most likely part of the 352. Or 353. Infanterie-Divisionen.

Helmet looks nice but could have been better of you also did something about the pitting caused by the rust. But i would have doubted myself to do that because basically you have to put the whole helmet full with body filler or something like that. But i would have restored it as a ww1 helmet with some ww1 camo on it. Still worth a couple of hundred euros like thise maybe?