Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

oppinions on M35 LW relic !

Article about: It's strange that the bird decal is rust red and the tri color is more uniformity white. More pics in better lighting would be helpful in coming to a determination.

Default oppinions on M35 LW relic !

Hi there,

I would appreciate any inputs on this M35 Luftwaffe relic. It is a Q64, and was cleaned as the pictures show when I got it !

MFG
    Marc
    oppinions on M35 LW relic !oppinions on M35 LW relic !oppinions on M35 LW relic !oppinions on M35 LW relic !oppinions on M35 LW relic !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement oppinions on M35 LW relic !
    P
    Many

Default Re: oppinions on M35 LW relic !

Certainly an original one, do you know where it was found?

I know it was found in germany, but where ?? unfortunately no, but it really adds to objekt when you do know :-)

Mfg
    Marc

I like it!...

I will try to find out where it was found more precisely. But it may be a long shot :-)

?

Well, i am happy to be able to go against the flow here. I do not like it. From the pics of the skirt with the Q stamp, it looks to be a painted relic. How did the paint ended up on top of the rust pitting???

The stamp is clearly rust eaten as most relic stamps.

Regards, Lars

Lars may be onto something here. I had a helmet that was clearly rust pitted and was painted over the rust once or twice. Is looked just like this one. Areas of paint and smooth paint over the rust. The maker stamp was embedded in the rust and painted over just like this one.

?

Indeed it is. If it's not the lighting that makes the skirt look painted, it's 100% post war paint. What i am saying is that the lid is of course OK, but the paint on the skirt is not. Then what about the rest of the paint and decals? From the beginning i found the right decal remnant strange as well.

Regards, Lars

I do see what you mean Lars mate. I think it has been possibly lacquered or oiled after cleaning perhaps, giving it a bit of a repainted look? Maybe the lighting is not giving the truest impression too. Debate is good

?

It's possible mate. To be honest it looks painted and then partly removed. Lets have some more pics If the lid is faked the "perpetrator" would of course have run his acetone cloth all over the helmet.

Regards, Lars

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast