Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Police/Fire Helmet. Opinions please

Article about: Hi guys, I came across this helmet, and would like your opinions. Never owned one and if legit i will buy it. Thanks. Thanks

Default Re: Police/Fire Helmet. Opinions please

Quote by slados28 View Post
    I see it has gone down $50 since last I checked. Seems like it's low for a reason and I'm guessing it's due to the drilled holes (imho post-war), one close to/beneath each decal.
    Even with the flaws you quite rightly point out I would buy it as the helmet as a whole is a sound example and the decals have real character!! Just my opinion but I like it! Leon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police/Fire Helmet.  Opinions please
    P
    Many

ian
    ?

i have a leather knape shield for this helmet ( date unknown) if you would like it pm me ,, i only want postage cost ,cheers ian

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Even with the flaws you quite rightly point out I would buy it as the helmet as a whole is a sound example and the decals have real character!! Just my opinion but I like it! Leon.
    Hey, I liked it as well... I just couldn't, and still can't, get past the fact that it has had two holes drilled in it (again, imo, post-war). To each his own

This is a bunch of Horseshit! Someone snaked my deal. Figures... Its gone and shouldn't have posted jack squat. Thx for letting me do the legwork and then one member snake the deal. Im disappointed.

I had a similar thing happen to me not long ago and I agree... it ***** but... hey, I guess that's what might happen when posting a low priced decent item on a board full of "rabid" collectors. The one I posted wasn't low priced but very rare, sometimes I guess one should go for it instead of "spreading the word"... that's what I took from it anyway. It's ridiculously easy to find a photo's origin these days using Google's advanced image upload/search feature...

I wouldn't worry too much about it though, did you really want an example of this pretty common type with holes drilled in it? I'd say you can do better, this example was priced low for a very good reason imo... no takers at $250 even.

?

This helmet was posted in 3 different places and 2 different forums
    It was going to get sold fast for that price

Oh wow that is always my fear when I give too much info about an item I want, next time just buy it then post it assuming the seller has a inspection/return policy you can always send it back if it turns out bad, on the bright side alot of these come up for sale and very cheap also just check around some other web sites, maybe someone did you a favor and you will end up getting one without strange holes drilled into it. Btw I already have one so it wasnt me! Stay positive with your hunt and I hope you get an even better one.

I suppose and it wasnt even a kickass piece. Still i learned a valuable lesson. Only share photos with ones you trust. Luckily i have some good friends here who steer me clear. But the idea of getting snaked is whats maddening. I lost respect for the forums over this to some degree and will remain leery.

I primarily collect SS and USAF aviation pieces. Been doing it a long time. I know people in both circles and their is a code of conduct per say. When someone shows off an item for review, its understood that this may be his/her next purchase. So, we back off. That's being honest, because they, next time, may review one of my next pieces. Its a circle of respect. Now, this cheap helmet, being not that fantastic and of low quality, was going to be a gift. Cheap gift for a beginning collector. I will get over it. Thanks for letting me vent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2