Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

post your ss relic helmets

Article about: Hi guys lets see your ss relic helmets, heres mine dug up in demjansk ss tk positions , rgds Dave

an oldie but still a nice one i still regret parting with..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture post your ss relic helmets  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement post your ss relic helmets
    P
    Many

Default Double decal with 50 cal. hit

ulv
    ?

Not confirmed in any way. Supposedly dug up near the Gustav Line in Italy. I didn't pay much for this helmet and it was kind of a spur of the moment thing.
    Opinions on the decal are welcome. To mee it looks like paint that's scratched at first glance, but hard to say with these relics. For me atleast.. If it's fake I have to commend the artist for his minimalist approach. Interesting how you can clearly recognize the runes at a distance, but up close it's just a mess..

post your ss relic helmetspost your ss relic helmetspost your ss relic helmets

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but were there any SS units active in that area? I was under the impression that the Gustav Line was defended entirely by forces belonging to the Wehrmacht.

Regards, B.B.

?

Mine. Dug out near Sinimaed, the Blue Hills, in Estonia some years ago

post your ss relic helmets post your ss relic helmets post your ss relic helmets
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

ulv
    ?

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but were there any SS units active in that area? I was under the impression that the Gustav Line was defended entirely by forces belonging to the Wehrmacht.

Regards, B.B.
    That was my initial question too. I haven't found any source saying there were any SS-units defending the Gustav Line, but the helmet came from a seller in Italy.
    Perhaps just dug up at some other location and given a story?

Quote by ulv View Post
    That was my initial question too. I haven't found any source saying there were any SS-units defending the Gustav Line, but the helmet came from a seller in Italy.
    Perhaps just dug up at some other location and given a story?
    Most likely given a story to make it more desirable, yes. The seller being Italian doesn't necessarily mean the relic originated there. The German 10th Army, active along the Winter Line, was comprised mainly of Heer units, with a few Luftwaffe parachute divisions mixed in. No SS divisions that I am aware of were active in Italy, or at least not in numbers significant enough to be worth noting.

A good relic regardless. A portion of the liner being present is a nice bonus.

Regards, B.B.

Inka i am sure that would clean up nicely.

Quote by ulv View Post
    Not confirmed in any way. Supposedly dug up near the Gustav Line in Italy. I didn't pay much for this helmet and it was kind of a spur of the moment thing.
    Opinions on the decal are welcome. To mee it looks like paint that's scratched at first glance, but hard to say with these relics. For me atleast.. If it's fake I have to commend the artist for his minimalist approach. Interesting how you can clearly recognize the runes at a distance, but up close it's just a mess..

post your ss relic helmetspost your ss relic helmetspost your ss relic helmets
    Not convinced the minimal runes are not a much later addition.

Inka, I like the fact you’ve left this one as is and haven’t attempted to dig out the decal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast