Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The price of Relic helmets

Article about: Is it just me, or have the price or relic condition helmets gone up quite considerably in the last year? When I started collecting only a year ago I did pay £35 for a relic lid. I do still h

Default Re: The price of Relic helmets

Hello Jim? Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to be tetchy, just trying to make sense of a comment I see on many forums lately...those of guys pining for the old days and moaning that new collectors are driving the price up etc etc...

I'd like to have all non relic lids too but when i can have a relic snow camo, 2 x relic heer, a relic lufty and a nice non relic police lid for 1/2 the price of a non relic DD Heer then I can't complain, plus the relic lids tell a real story don't they? I wish they were all $50 each too!

Cheers
    Glenn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The price of Relic helmets
    P
    Many

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Hello Jim? Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to be tetchy, just trying to make sense of a comment I see on many forums lately...those of guys pining for the old days and moaning that new collectors are driving the price up etc etc...

I'd like to have all non relic lids too but when i can have a relic snow camo, 2 x relic heer, a relic lufty and a nice non relic police lid for 1/2 the price of a non relic DD Heer then I can't complain, plus the relic lids tell a real story don't they? I wish they were all $50 each too!

Cheers
    Glenn
    Fair do's Glen. I see where you're coming from. It sure is an expensive hobby. If it wasn't for new collectors how would the hobby continue. I don't think new collectors are driving up the price... Helmets are like oil, gold, food, in fact everything, they get more expensive as time goes on.

Best regards

Very true, they don't make these things anymore and as some deteriorate into dust, some get stolen, lost, destroyed and the number of interested buyers increase the price can only go up.

Best buy up now while we still can!

Thats it, more and more people are finding interest in the hobby, so demand is greater and of course people will always look for a bargain. In my opinion the best bargain for most is a relic lid, as it shows a good history and 9 times out of 10 its genuine. With that it mind demand has never been greater so prices go up.

I love my relics, especially the ones you get untouched so a little bit of cleaning and you uncover a masterpiece. I think they tell a story more than a mint unissued. I do also have a some great condition lids but I will never shy away from a relic. Now the ones that are just a brown ball of rust, thats another story...... :P

I buy relic helmets because you know they have probably seen some action, for example I only buy relics with bullet holes or battle damage. Another reason I buy them is like you mentioned already why buy 1 non-relic for the price of 5 relics that you know have a real history.
    If only these relics could tell their stories!

not planning on paying thousands for a helmet, so I am glad with buying a relic from time to time.
    My cheapest at a couple of euro's and the most expensive at nearly 300€.
    The price of Relic helmetsThe price of Relic helmetsThe price of Relic helmetsThe price of Relic helmets
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

The reality is that relic SS lids with good decals are now changing hands for large prices in some cases the same as a good condition one from 10-15 years ago as with any lid it will sell for whatever someone is willing to pay and that is rising all the time !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2