Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The price of relics.....

Article about: Hi, Frundsberg, I think i got mine at the right time and have had them for many years now, they are mostly just bullet holed but the helmets them selves are in good condition and very solid.

?

Default The price of relics.....

G'day all,

I have a number of relics in my collection....my first one I bought 2 years ago was AU3.00, a nice M35 rusty, holed.....I normally buy them through one source on eBay...The last relic I bought off him was a very solid M42, size 68 with liner band and remains of a heer decal, no holes, very very solid as a present for my dad last Christmas...I paid AU35.00.
    I haven't looked at his site again till today....did I get a surprise, relics in worse condition than my last purchase, no liner band, decal have skyrocketed to over 100 euro.....none of them are described as a "Stlalingrad" or "Normandy", just from east Prussia or Russia.....
    I suppose the price is going up due to demand

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The price of relics.....
    P
    Many

Default Re: The price of relics.....

Probably right. I've noticed that very few items get overlooked anymore,
    and sometimes final selling prices are out the window.

Depends on your other sources as well. Some guys are motivated to
    move their stock and you can still find a bargain occasionally.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Good old supply and demand at work again.
    If people will pay that then that's what it sells for.
    Capitalism at it's best.
    Cheers all.

?

There's still plenty out there, but just noticed this particular seller....I have kinda gone off him as he is now offering Jewish items, dreidels, found at ghetto sites....

?

As more and more collectors turn to relics and demand increases so do the prices , SS Relics or FJ etc with proper provenance can now change hands for prices that good examples were sold for 10 years ago !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

They are going up quite quickly. A year ago I got a nice relic m40 green and winter whitewash cracked in the crown but good for $13, now the same thing would be $120. Just not worth it anymore

?

My SS relic was worth every cent!!!!

Though I am thinking about covering it in bog, sanding it back, repainting, and re deacaling it as a fantasy HJ

Well HJ's are all the rage at the moment. Got to keep up with the latest trends

Hi, AMTG,
    You are right about the prices they are going up i think because when we could buy a good complete german 35/40,
    we knew they were good helmets, but now most are repro,s and very good ones at that. You have to be good to find an original now, i collect relic german helmets and have done for some years now, one from every battlefield in europe was my aim. Mine are on the forum somewhere, i have eleven at the moment but have sold some complete and relic ones off to fund my weapon collection.
    Dave.

Well, it is sad truth that is harder and harder to find decent relics anymore from the battlefields. Rust has done its work and some helmets are really in so bad condition that there is no point to pick them up. Also every kind of diggers (black&white) have excavated thousands of helmets during last 20 years in previous USSR. So it is now pretty hard to find even a rusty helmet. Prices $13 or $35 are really cheap. I personally do not see why should someone sell a helmet for a such price.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast