Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Quist batch numbers

Article about: Hello Everyone, my wife bought me a reconditioned Quist M35 helmet ( for reenactment) it was sold as an original shell- repro liner, chin strap, paint etc. the price was good and it is perfe

papabendy
    ?

Default Quist batch numbers

Hello Everyone, my wife bought me a reconditioned Quist M35 helmet ( for reenactment) it was sold as an original shell- repro liner, chin strap, paint etc. the price was good and it is perfect for what I want. However it has a 5 figure lot No ( on the back skirt 25442)
    All the research I have done suggests that lot Number were only 4 digit.
    Any ideas?

2. # ADS

Quist M35s went to cca 26000-27000 as i heard. So no problem.

That's the highest number I've seen on a Q M35, personally. Probably produced in 1940 right at the switch to M40 production.

?

Damn Mo it is 4:00 PM on New Years eve and you can still see ????

What in the hell is this younger generation coming to.

?

Hello, the numbers could be correct. You should buy the book from Brian Ice called: German Helmet Lot Numbers 1935-1945, Ongoing Research. It is a very good book and it is not expensive. You can get it on ebay.

?

Hi Guys,

I just got a Quist helmet today.
    The numbers are stamped on the back of the skirt. after 1942?
    I will post pics once the helmet arrives.
    I've seen posts where people have referred to batches or numbers going to certain branches.
    Heer, Luftwaffe, SS etc.. and year?
    Is this easily traced or is it just down to the decal?
    The helmet has had grey paint put on - camo? But you can see some of the decal poking through.
    Looks like an aluminium liner strap. Liner and chin strap are in great condition. Liner has 57 stamp. strap was black but has worn off except where it loops through the bales.
    It has Q54 - DN512.
    Any help with it would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys,

You can't really trace the lot numbers to branches as they could have multiple branches across each lot. You really need to go by the decal.
    It will be Q64 - DN512. 64 being the shell size.
    I have a Quist M40 with DN230 stamped in the rear and Q64 on the side. I checked the liner band and it was stamped 1942 - you could do the same when yours arrives as it will help determine the helmet age (providing liner band was made and installed at roughly the same time the helmet was made).

Post the photos when it comes.

Nick
    Last edited by HoundsTooth; 11-01-2018 at 11:06 AM. Reason: typo

Like Nick says it is not that simple , many misunderstandings floating about on lot numbers.
    If it is not Luftwaffe blue color ,does not have decal present you will never know really. Maybe exclusions can be made based based on maker but that is about it.

You can find the lot number list I compiled here :
    Lot numbers database – German Helmet Vault