Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Relic double decal M35 - first for 2013

Article about: Hi all, My second helmet ( relic ) purchase for the year is this ground dug M35 double decal field repaint dug out of the Ukraine somewhere. Stamping is slightly rusted over but I think it’s

Default Relic double decal M35 - first for 2013

Hi all,

My second helmet ( relic ) purchase for the year is this ground dug M35 double decal field repaint dug out of the Ukraine somewhere. Stamping is slightly rusted over but I think it’s a Q64 with a lot number of 405? ( last digit too hard to read ) It would have been even nicer had the finder not removed the rivets to clean the aluminium liner because some of the rough paint came off & a couple have broken legs, but I think it is really quite cool.

Hints of the original apple green with a darker feldgrau factor repaint can be seen as well as that super rough field paint ( made up of Volga mud perhaps?? )
    The years have exposed some of the decals ( luckily no-one has tried to dig them out further ) and a bonus is the remnants of the owners name, Gefr something!! … pity its illegible.

THESE are the sort of relics I am gravitating toward these days….. hope you like it.
    Cheers Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic double decal M35 - first for 2013   Relic double decal M35 - first for 2013  

Relic double decal M35 - first for 2013   Relic double decal M35 - first for 2013  

Relic double decal M35 - first for 2013   Relic double decal M35 - first for 2013  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic double decal M35 - first for 2013
    P
    Many

Default Re: Relic double decal M35 - first for 2013

I bet that was a nice looking repaint during its useful life. A shame the finder felt the need to remove the liner bands. I like the look of the decals peaking out from beneath the paint. Cool relic

I think there might have been some level of decal digging but regardless I like it alot. Great find!

Hard to say. Usually with digging I think you would notice some square or more even edges in the paint where the tool was used. The paint on this one, especially throughout the decal area, looks to be rounded and more from natural loss. Also, don't see too many scratches on the decals. Another option is the paint was weak over top the decal, so when the digger cleaned the helmet that paint fell off easily. Just speculation. Do you see something in particular that I'm missing that makes you think the decal were subject to digging?

I like it a lot!..

Hey Dan,
    It's in great nick for a ground dug helmet, especially on the exterior - looks like the ultra rough overpaint has preserved it really well as the corrosion only appears to have affected the areas where you can see the original paint.
    Nice pick up mate,
    Chris.

Thanks everyone, I do agree it has character!

Glenn, I don't think the decals have been dug, this rough field paint is always brittle and as the base metal rusts, it causes it to flake off. Ive got another DD that is revealing the decals slightly also.( I DO think a vigorous cleaning must have helped though )

Cheers, Dan

Very nice piece, I like that kind of helmets myself ;-) May I ask about the price range ?

Venlig hilsen
    Marc

Quote by unimarc View Post
    Very nice piece, I like that kind of helmets myself ;-) May I ask about the price range ?

Venlig hilsen
    Marc
    Ahh, the cost ....... well, I paid what I thought it was worth to me - it was more than $100 but less than $200.
    Some may say that is TOO much for a relic but as ALL prices rise based on supply and demand, so do the prices of relics with 'character'
    ( mind you, I had a good hard think before I pulled the trigger on it )

Dan

I Think it sounds like a good price for a relic like this one ;-)
    I am picking a m35 helmet up at the post today ! Its a chance, since I haven´t seen it "live", but I hope it is not a fake ;-/

Marc

PS Are you by any chance of Danish origin ??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast