Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Relic double decal M35 - first for 2013

Article about: Hi all, My second helmet ( relic ) purchase for the year is this ground dug M35 double decal field repaint dug out of the Ukraine somewhere. Stamping is slightly rusted over but I think it’s

Default Re: Relic double decal M35 - first for 2013

Good luck with it Marc!!!!
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic double decal M35 - first for 2013
    P
    Many

I just got the helmet today, and what a dissapointment :-( Everything wrong ! But fortunately the seller has a return policy :-) Of it went half an hour later !
    Now I await buy no 2 2013, a m40, direct from a german attic !! I will try to post some photos when it arrives ! I think it falls between a "piece" and a "relic", it is complete, but a bit rusty, leather needs some attention too ;-)

Venlig hilsen
    Marc

Bad luck with the relic, Marc. It's a bad feeling when you open a parcel and it's a disappointment

On the plus side, I really like the sound of your M40 attic find so looking forward to seeing some pictures!

Cheers, Chris.

My choice of the word 'dug' was not the best, I should have said 'uncovered'.

You see on the eagle decal that the detail of the wings is missing? I suspect that the paint has been removed gently with acetone and a cotton ball or the like but the acetone has eaten some of the detail away also. I suspect the paint on neither decal has flaked away, it has been removed via a rubbing process. This also would explain the 'wear' on the national shield, as I see it the wear does not look natural as it would from being rubbed under, say a bread strap or something similar. Regardless I still llike the lid and for $150 I consider it a bargain.

Hi Glenn,
    I see your point and will take it under advisement and try to do some close-ups of the decals if that will help further clarify things.
    But, putting myself in the position of a digger excitingly cleaning a ground found helmet, I am not surprised that some exposure was done!
    Cheers, Dan

great new addition dan

Beautiful helmet, but I would never be able to buy it. I'd go crazy not knowing the surname.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Beautiful helmet, but I would never be able to buy it. I'd go crazy not knowing the surname.
    I know Mo, I know......... its nagging at me too .....argh!
    Dan

Here are some close-ups of the decals - I think some vigorous scrubbing clean from Ukraine soil has occurred but no deliberate digging.
    I'm theorizing that the wear to the decals happened mostly BEFORE the rough painting was done .....?

The metallic base to the eagle decal plays havoc with the microscope lights but some of the top layer is still there. On the tricolour you can see the factory overpainting that was done as per regs before the rough finish was field applied.

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic double decal M35 - first for 2013   Relic double decal M35 - first for 2013  

Relic double decal M35 - first for 2013   Relic double decal M35 - first for 2013  

Relic double decal M35 - first for 2013  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2