Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Relic DRK.

Article about: Guys, Just had a nice gift, from my pal, he wanted to restore it as most of his stuff is shiny, I have explained it is best left as is. He agreed then gave me it as it is not up to spec! I h

Default Relic DRK.

Guys,

Just had a nice gift, from my pal, he wanted to restore it as most of his stuff is shiny, I have explained it is best left as is. He agreed then gave me it as it is not up to spec! I have given him a load of Brit kit to ease my conscience. Note only one 'pepper pot vent'.

Jock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic DRK.   Relic DRK.  

Relic DRK.   Relic DRK.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic DRK.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Relic DRK.

Hi Jock, thank goodness you rescued it It would respond well to a treatment with Oxalic acid.

Actually, this helmet solves a question which came up some months ago about DRK helemts and the use of the tricolour decal. Clearly they were used.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Jock, thank goodness you rescued it It would respond well to a treatment with Oxalic acid.

Actually, this helmet solves a question which came up some months ago about DRK helemts and the use of the tricolour decal. Clearly they were used.

Cheers, Ade.
    Cool,

Glad it helps, I passed one up about 12 years ago that had two DRK decals but it just did not look or smell right.

Jock

very unusual with the deep dip down for this type.the age patina is superb and it shouts to me genuine.thats the insticnt i use when accessing a buy,so far i have gotten it right,but im not complacent!surely this is a rare type of it kind with the salt and pepper single vent?

Quote by LAS VEGAS View Post
    very unusual with the deep dip down for this type.the age patina is superb and it shouts to me genuine.thats the insticnt i use when accessing a buy,so far i have gotten it right,but im not complacent!surely this is a rare type of it kind with the salt and pepper single vent?
    Las Vegas,

DRK are pretty scarce anyway, I'm unsure if one or two vents is the norm, I will have a look and see if it is any where in my reference. I know the only other I have is on the Bahnshutz Politzei that has been posted on here. I have only seen another one on a black shell if memory serves me but it was a long time ago.

Ade,

I hear often on here about the oxilic thing but after I made an arse of the M35 with the acetone, I would not be overconfident trying new things. Are there people out there that do this for a fee or is this a new buisiness opertunity waiting for someone?

Jock

Hi Jock, I have never used it myself and it does present some health dangers. Dimas uses it to great effect and the difference it makes can be stunning.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Jock, I have never used it myself and it does present some health dangers. Dimas uses it to great effect and the difference it makes can be stunning.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade,

Its lasted these 60 odd years so I think I will leave it as is until I can perhaps meet up with someone who can do this oxilic acid restoration.

Jock

?

Nice one Jock an unusual relic lid indeed
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

jock this is one item that deserves saveing from the pal with the wire brush, jock a nice looking shell

Nice relic, also glad to see you back on thise forum.
    If thise helmet ever comes in for a trade, please let me know.
    However, I still do not have any soldbuch's....;-)
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast